Artichoke And Other Foods Said To Aid Weight Loss

Walking around the house (including all the calories burnt thinking, digesting etc) is estimated to take up to 2000 calories a day.

I stick to 2450 or less per day, sometimes quite a bit less. And I do either swimming or cycling or limited walking every day.

But weight loss has slowed right down.

26 April 162.3Kg
3 May 163
10 May 158.9
17 May 157.7
24 May 157.3
31 May 156.5
7 June 156.1
14 June 156
21 June 156
28 June 155.7
@25 stone and on 2450 calories a day? I’m 16.5 stone and I don’t think I could survive on the calories you have - I’d be permanently hungry. I do find that having a glass of water before each meal helps me not to wait like a hungry dog for Mrs Mottie to stop eating so I can finish what she leaves. She never finishes a meal and honestly, she could stop eating with half a dozen peas on her plate and say, "I'm full". I leave nothing on my plate!

Sponsored Links
Lol. I didn't eat 100 biscuits today. Fading away I am already. All just by sitting on my arse all day.
100 biscuits would be 7,000 calories. Cutting that from your diet would probably help.

@25 stone and on 2450 calories a day? I’m 16.5 stone and I don’t think I could survive on the calories you have - I’d be permanently hungry. I do find that having a glass of water before each meal helps me not to wait like a hungry dog for Mrs Mottie to stop eating so I can finish what she leaves. She never finishes a meal and honestly, she could stop eating with half a dozen peas on her plate and say, "I'm full". I leave nothing on my plate!

I habitually do leave something on my plate and I have always done it. It used to annoy the h+ll out of my teachers at school, but could just never manage that last bit. Even cooking at home for myself, I leave some - the dog is always grateful for any leavings :)

Sponsored Links
Walking around the house (including all the calories burnt thinking, digesting etc) is estimated to take up to 2000 calories a day.

I stick to 2450 or less per day, sometimes quite a bit less. And I do either swimming or cycling or limited walking every day.

But weight loss has slowed right down.

26 April 162.3Kg
3 May 163
10 May 158.9
17 May 157.7
24 May 157.3
31 May 156.5
7 June 156.1
14 June 156
21 June 156
28 June 155.7

in the last month, you've lost about 1kg, which is reasonable and sustainable rate. you are more likely to stick to that than to a crash diet. When people do those, it tends to go back on afterwards even quicker.

when you first started you will have lost a lot of fluid so the first bit of weight comes off quickly

are you measuring your waist? it will vary a bit from day to day, but if you find you are getting a notch smaller on the belt, that's a good indicator of (they say) the best fat to lose.

A few years ago when we were away for the new year with four other couples, the girls (except for Mrs Mottie) decided they were doing a new year diet. They took the **** out of my gut and said I should join them! I took up the challenge and to make it interesting, I challenged them to put £20 each in the pot, those that lose the most (percentage wise) would be the winner and take all. Strict rules - we had to weigh ourselves every Tuesday on a Boots weighing machine and put a copy of the print out on our WhatsApp group. Finishing date was end of March so three months. I started at 17st and on the last day I just made 15st and won the bet. I made them all pay their £20 to a food bank charity. Of course, everyone was up to about the same weight the following year but they were still sulking and had no interest in another dieting contest. :ROFLMAO:

I have trousers too small and trousers too big, so wear the oversize ones with a belt. I have not been measuring my waist, but have had to tighten the belt. In fact, I had to borrow Mum's leather punch to put some more holes in, so I could go smaller.

100 biscuits would be 7,000 calories. Cutting that from your diet would probably help.
Difficult though if your BMR has crashed due to lack of exercise, muscle wasting etc etc and you only need 1500 kcals to break even cos someone advised you that it's not about exercise but mainly calorie deficit.

Difficult though if your BMR has crashed due to lack of exercise, muscle wasting etc etc and you only need 1500 kcals to break even cos someone advised you that it's not about exercise but mainly calorie deficit.
BMR can't crash, if it 'crashes' then you're dead. It also goes up with body mass. Weight loss is always mostly about calorie deficit.

I try fasting for 12 - 14 hours over night. If not managing that I tend not to snack in the evening and have my dinner as early as possible 5 - ½6 then not to eat of drink until the 6 ½6.

Not always possible but if I manage the fasting twice a week I'm happy.

I lost a lot of weight, which was such a pain I wouldn't bother again (Yes gradually a lot has gone back on)

I saw a dietician who told me 2500 is a myth, there's a wide range. My Base Metabolic Rate was right at the low end of the curve, around 1300 cal/day. To lose weight I needed to go under 900, which meant recording everything I ate and keeping a diary. Reducing intake reduces the MBR. I got more tired, etc etc etc. I read up loads of stuff... Complicated.
The Minnesota Starvation Experiment has been re-examined more than once, fascinating stuff. REALLY showed how different we all are. Worth looking at the outcomes.

I went to a gym every other day for 2 months - it helped, but not much. Glad to give that up! Switching between low fat and low carb did help, the keto diet worked. I remember the weight had plateaued for about 2 months, then on keto it dropped off a cliff. Another time I'd been doing very low cal "balanced" and it stuck, until I went to a wedding. I overdid the carbs, and it dropped suddenly - common apparently.

Maybe I'll try Atkins (keto) again. After the first few days you feel a "flu" feeling then you feel fine. Exercise is limited now my joints hurt.

Sponsored Links
Back