Artichoke And Other Foods Said To Aid Weight Loss

I've always eaten fairly quickly, dinner time I find boring, I just want to get going and off doing things! But eating slow is supposed to be much better isn't it? Gives the brain time to register being full and then (hopefully) stop eating.
Hey Sod, nice to see you back. How’s the teeth, how’s the cat?

Sponsored Links
Hey Sod, nice to see you back. How’s the teeth, how’s the cat?
Lol, the things you remember about me! Cheers :)
Teeth ok, cat still with us. She's not doing too bad but it's a struggle to get her to eat most of the time. She's enjoying life tho, chasing rats and rolling around the catnip so that's what counts. You ok? Who is Himmy going by these days? Grins.

1.83m

I am also considering Michael Moseley's Mediterranean 5:2 diet, where he advocates eating stuff like oily fish, vegetables, Greek yogurt, EV olive oil etc...

Mrs Secure said the fasting days should be back to back, but I think that might be a bit brutal.

I am limited as regards walking, but I could cycle 45 minutes semi-briskly.

Did my first ride out the other day in 13 years and was a bit wobbly...was out for around 40 minutes and when I got back and dismounted, my body did an impersonation of what it felt like when I dismounted at the finish line in Blackpool (having started in Manchester) all those 13 years ago.

Sounds like you should be posting daily doggy bags over to Mottie Mansions...!
The fasting days don’t have to be back to back. It’s simple sums. 2600 BMR dropping to 600 twice a week gives you a 4000kcal deficit, which is roughly 1.2lb per week.

Sponsored Links
Well, here I am! I survived the night.

810 calories was OK. But I'm not sure I can eat enough of my target amounts (eg protein, vitamins etc) on that low a count.
this is useful in seeing what's going on during the fasting hours. Assume no food after 2000 on the normal day... So, use up the first 12 hours watching tv and sleeping, and every hour thereafter till the next meal is fat burning.

Attachments

• Fat Burning Graphic.png
    Fat Burning Graphic.png
    410.3 KB · Views: 32
Moseley did not invent/discover that, it was some bint in a uni.
The fasting days don’t have to be back to back. It’s simple sums. 2600 BMR dropping to 600 twice a week gives you a 4000kcal deficit, which is roughly 1.2lb per week.
Nah that wasn't quite it iirc, she reckoned that yer body got used to 2400 or whatever and carried on using that much, whereas if you averaged it out the bod would slow down consumption. Something like that.

which would be completely wrong. You can't make your body burn less calories for the same activity. Just as you can't "kick start" your metabolism by eating certain foods.

There is no doubt that many people who find it difficult to lose weight are just not being honest with themselves. Time and time again you will find people who don't lose weight will be the same people that claim to have a 'slow metabolism' or some other spurious medical condition. In reality they are just eating rubbish and snacking on sweet stuff in between. But that doesn't mean losing weight is the same for all people or that all bodies are the same. A while back I read some research which followed on from people that had bariatric surgery. Apparently it was noticed that a large percentage of them said that they did not feel as hungry as they used to. The research was looking to see if there was a chemical reaction going on that could be replicated. It seems obvious but if somebody is less hungry then they are going to want to eat less - or less often.

Sponsored Links
Back