Asbestos soffits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to cover the asbestos soffits on a fairly large bungalow with plastic sheeting. Have found suitable stuff which fits perfectly (12' x 4").
I had in mind to stick these on with "easy nails" or the like, will this stuff be OK to spread over existing paint (I don't want to start scraping it off)

Sponsored Links
Why not screw the plastic on and cover the screw heads with those plastic caps? You should be able to see where the rafters are by where the existing soffits are fixed - just don't drill pilots in the asbestos!

Why not screw the plastic on and cover the screw heads with those plastic caps? You should be able to see where the rafters are by where the existing soffits are fixed - just don't drill pilots in the asbestos!

Perfectly fine to drill through Chrysotile, there's even a guidaance note on the HSE website. ;)

But I would have to drill through the asbestos to locate the rafters ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back