asbestos?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, bedroom ones deffo are polystyrene.
Like I said, kitchen ones are a bit harder.

I kept level of info to a minimum to get a straight answer, but if I'm being more honest this is more of a 'I've already removed all these, am I in trouble?' thread. Was done about 7 years ago.

The bedroom ones were polystyrene. The ones in the kitchen were harder than that. House is 1950's, but goodness knows when the tiles were put on.

To be honest I was young and daft and didn't really think to check at the time. Was just reading another article that mentioned ceiling tiles and I had a eureka moment. I guess I'm after some sort of reassurance, but appreciate I'm probably not going to get that with the limited quality of the pics.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
they definitely do look polystyrene and may seem hard as the kitchen may have been painted several times more, so a thick layer of paint may have made them feel thicker. just poke one with a screw driver and if it goes in then it is definitely poly, a screwdriver won't go into a hard tile will it.

Take a small sample and have it analysed if your worried. If you've got a local lab take it in. Or you can send through the post but check the labs rules for packaging.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back