Asda comes down hard on parking cheats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ASDA is to slap a £60 fine on parking cheats at its stores.

The get-tough regime will target shoppers who park in disabled spaces without displaying a blue badge, and parent and child spaces without being accompanied by children.

What do you think, I am sure that the likes of Bob Dope will still get round it.
Can they take you to court, I doubt it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks mod, I just realised and was trying to rectify it.

Good idea. At my local Tesco Express, everyone parks where they shouldn't. PIA. About time someone confronted the selfish parkers.

ive got a better idea, rip down all the tesco expresses that are ruining towns and villages and ripping the hearts out of them. No problem with parking then!

Sponsored Links
Most of the blue badge brigade are a load of fakes. If they can't walk across the car park - how do they walk all round a superstore for an hour?

In B&Q no-one that is disabled uses the disabled spaces as disabled people can't carry bags of cement!

What really ****es me off is the perfectly able-bodied people who park on the double-yellows right outside the store when there are designated spaces available only 10 yards away.
And those who leave the engine running on the lines while their partner 'pops' inside :evil:

I don't think Asda has any chance of to enforcing the fines. :confused:

joe-90 said:
Most of the blue badge brigade are a load of fakes. If they can't walk across the car park - how do they walk all round a superstore for an hour?

Many of them don't - they have a 'chair.

Many people with Blue badges hold them legitimately, but don't have any disability associated with their legs. They may have difficulty breathing, for example.

Don't be a bigot all your life, Joe.

Softus said:

Hand it over to an independant parking enforcer who will probably last 6 months before asda gets so many complaints it wont have any other choice.

rob884 said:
Softus said:

Hand it over to an independant parking enforcer who will probably last 6 months before asda gets so many complaints it wont have any other choice.

ive thrown away loads of those independant parking fines. most of them cant be arsed following it up in court either.

securespark said:
joe-90 said:

Many of them don't - they have a 'chair.

Many people with Blue badges hold them legitimately, but don't have any disability associated with their legs. They may have difficulty breathing, for example.

Don't be a bigot all your life, Joe.

Well they don't where I live! They are usually in their 30s and jump out of their cars faster than I can.

Never seen a chair in months - even years.

there is the other old one of

well the sticker belongs to the car, because my uncle / aunt etc is dissabled.

but it is also true that not all disabilites can be seen

I used to work for a company and one day i asked the boss's mrs how come she could park all day out side the shop with no ticket, she then (kindly) explained that she has (some condition or other, long time ago now) that means she cant walk very far.

so she looked "fit" (she really did look fit) but could never walk far

Superstores are big places that take kilometers to walk around.

Softus said:

You could be right if Asda tries this in Scottish stores. However in England, where I believe, perhaps wrongly, that the clampers still have it all their own way, I think that they, Asda, will have ensured that they have the law behind them.

Sponsored Links
Back