Asda comes down hard on parking cheats

bolo said:
You could be right if Asda tries this in Scottish stores.
According to the media reports the trials will take place in England. I don't know what reports you've read.

However in England, where I believe, perhaps wrongly, that the clampers still have it all their own way
The clampers - weren't they a children's TV programme?

I think that they, Asda, will have ensured that they have the law behind them.
My point was that having a law behind you is not the same thing as enforcing your rights under that law.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
The clampers - weren't they a children's TV programme?
Is this the piece de resistance of your 12000+ postings? And how can 'they' be a childrens TV programme?

go to asda all the time loads of invalid space not many invalids in the store
you also have to let mums have ther spots then theres the dog owners
what about us the shopper yes the 50 quid man as the like us to be known :LOL: ;) get us near the tills so they can swipe your cash :LOL: :LOL: it's all bull sh#t and full buckets at that :LOL:

Sponsored Links
bolo said:
Is this the piece de resistance of your 12000+ postings?
No. I don't why you even asked.

And how can 'they' be a childrens TV programme?
In the realm of humour and playing-on-words, it's commonplace to allow some leeway with grammer and spelling.

I go to the gym (JJB) and near the entrance there are disabled parking spaces and you see them getting out out of their cars with vest tops on and jogging pants. The same guys are lifting weights/swimming etc, wtf if they think there so fit why not park where they should, its not as if its miles away, were talking feet :rolleyes: rant over :D unless the steroides they take makes them disabled :LOL:

I can appreciate the need for wider spaces for disabled people and parents with their kids but see no need for them to be close to the entrance.

there is the other old one of
well the sticker belongs to the car, because my uncle / aunt etc is dissabled.

My father unfortunately when he was alive was one of the genuine disabled badge holders, could walk a step on his own, but the badge was not allowed to be used/displayed in the car unless my father was in it with my mother driving him.

Softus wrote:

The clampers - weren't they a childrens TV programme?
The steroides - weren't they a 1960's popular beat combo?

Your memory's going Softus, but then again so is mine. I've got age on my side - what's your excuse?

notb665 wrote
I can appreciate the need for wider spaces for disabled people and parents with their kids but see no need for them to be close to the entrance.
Take your point about parents with kids not being near entrance, but surely you are not saying that disabled spaces should located away fron the entrances, are you!
If you are, I'll bet that you have never pushed a wheel chair much, particularly with a disabled adult in the seat.
Also you will find that the disabled spaces are not wider , its just the parents with kids spaces that are wider, so that they can get the young children out in their carry cots etc.

I agree with that. In our case it is the wide space that's needed rather than closeness to the entrance. I suppose that's not the case with people who aren't in a wheelchair though. There are those who can walk but have difficulty doing so. They need spaces close to the entrance.

If they put some wide spaces further away from the entrance (for the likes of us), perhaps they wouldn't sometimes be taken by those who are OK but just don't want to walk any distance. Cash machine users for instance. Where we shop, the cash machines are close to the entrance and so are the wide parking bays .

I don't know that fines are warranted but think those without blue badges should be asked to move out of disabled peoples parking spaces. Perhaps a window sticker asking people not to park in the wide bays could be stuck to a side rear window. If the sticker was one that was rather difficult to remove, this might put people off parking in the wide bays again.

Sponsored Links
Back