ASHP - Wet system

not as slow as you / he thinks norcon ;)

kevplumb

from United States of America

United States of America

PostPosted: September 23rd 2010, 3:36 am Post Subject:
perfectionist wrote:
The new ATAG A325EC combi with the integral GasSaver is very efficient.

probably is but seeing as the op ain't got gas it's a bit pointless

ahh what a giveaway icon_rolleyes.gif

must be bored with screwfux

Sponsored Links
He'd of said to fit 2 broags linked to a thermal store.

I have seen that. Two boilers connected directly to a thermal store, without any headers. The cylinder acts as the header.

Sponsored Links
Drake Landing, Innovation. Vision. Integrity. But we've also got a gas boiler backup if it don't work. !!!!

You're right, I misread the part about picking up heat from the room which I thought you'd described as latent heat.
If you mean:
The water has obviously acquired latent heat when initially raising the water temperature from room temp.
Then you are still misunderstanding me. :( Though I may not have clearly explained what I meant.

I was assuming that, say overnight, the water temperature in the system will eventually drop until it is equal to the room temperature. When the boiler comes on in the morning the water heats up, acquiring latent heat as it does, until working temperature is obtained. The water then continues to acquire heat and give it off, with a consequential temperature difference between flow and return at the boiler.

It was the initial heat acquisition, as the water heats up from room temperature, that I was referring to. This heat will eventually be given up when the heating turns off and the water cools down.

O.K. Heat pump idea now well and truely dumped, looks like it will be an oil system. On comparison when considering all the unknown aspects of heat pump technology it would appear to be a relatively safe option which will perform well and hopefully be relatively economical with all the insulation I have piled into the place.

I have put up a new post asking for recommendations on oil boilers if anybody has an opinion they wish to share.

Thank you very much for all your comments, I will use this forum in the future as you seem to get really advice from people who actually understand the products.

its a shame as the solutions are there,finding the right people to do the design is so important.

The downside isnt so much the unknown technology(at the end of the day its an A/C unit running in reverse) its the cost during todays current market.

It does not seem to have caught on much in the UK but an air to air heat pump is potentially more efficient.

The reversible air conditioning units ( the proper ones, not those with electric heaters ) are a cheaper entry into heat pump technolofy but not targeted to house sizes more to small offices or restaurants.

It also surprises me that the warrantee on many of the heat pump systems seems very short.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back