Assistance please! manrose extractor fan stuck on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all....
Hopin someone can help.

Our bathroom extractor fan is switched on and running.... Problem is we can't switch it off as the pull cord has completely pulled out (someone was a bit heavy handed)

I'm guessin a new switch is the answer, but in the meantime how can we shut it off????

any ideas? Or which wire can be disconnected?

Sponsored Links
Does it have a wall mounted fan isolator or fused connection unit? If so, switch there for off.
Is the pull cord a ceiling mounted pull cord? If so you will need to isolate the circuit at the fuse board/CU and prove circuit is dead, then remove cover, there maybe a bit of cord lefts, that will help you open the switch mechanism, if not the mechanism needs to be opened/switched to the off position. Then covers back and energise.
If the cord is at the fan, then follow the above instruction but removing fan cover.
If you have problems operating the switch mechanism, then you can remove the live feed to the switch, this could be red or brown depending on the age of the wiring.
This must not be left bare, but connected up in to a terminal block.

When you replace the switch put a link link in the cord just below the switch. Then after the next "heavy handed pull" a new weak link can be fitted rather than fitting a new switch.

Sponsored Links
Thanks....
My dad is gonna have a look see with the above advise. My other half isn't that handy and I can't reach the switch.
It is a celing mounted one, and by looks of it all the cord has come out.

Very quick replys, much appropriated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back