Assisted suicide...

I

imamartian

Did anyone see the Terry Pratchett program on assisted suicide?.... wow! what an eye opener....

What are your thoughts.. and i would ask that rather than the macho knee-jerk response... have a think about what it must be like feeling the need to end it.... and the family you leave behind...

Sponsored Links
But the end is coming anyway. You put dogs down don't you? It's humane to people down too.

With respect Joe.. you don't put people down.... they choose to end their life early.... but by what measure? It seems to be that you can only kill yourself whilst your of the soundness of mind whereby you shouldn't kill yourself.... Did you what the program and see that old fella kill himself...? Incredible tv.

I'll catch it on Iplayer.

I don't want to live without me marbles. Shoot me if I go ga-ga.

Sponsored Links
Seriously, give it a viewing..

it seems to me that these people have "given up"..the question is.... too early?

If terminally ill and of sound frame of mind, I would
not like my loved ones to suffer in looking after me.
I believe you should have the right, to a dignified exit.

Wotan

Wotan, that is an astoundingly acceptible way to go.... but the guy in the show turns up in Switzerland and is amazed to see the country.... and i think perhaps has a lot more in life to enjoy.... his senses are working...???

Wotan, that is an astoundingly acceptible way to go.... but the guy in the show turns up in Switzerland and is amazed to see the country.... and i think perhaps has a lot more in life to enjoy.... his senses are working...???
I did not see the programme, so am not fully qualified to answer.
I was just stating my personal view.

Wotan

Shoot me if I go ga-ga.

I think that the queue is forming already......

My old man went down with vascular dementure.... There is no way that I would want to inflict that slow death on my loved ones or on society who would have to pick uip the tab....My lady already knows that in the case of me going off my trolly, I refuse to be a burdon. Obviously if it is a desease or disablement, I'll make the decision depending on how I feel at the time but If I was highly dependant on others, then I would seriously consider my options

Terry knows what lies ahead for himself, as he keeps saying, but when people are suddenly put into that position, ie due to an accident, then they are not in the right mind to say end it now, or not.

My brother has been in a wheelchair for many years, and has good and bad days, he has a c3/4 neck fracture, and has tried to take his life, but on other occasions, has been up, and travelled abroad, but today I learn that my partners brother, had a heart attack, and is on life support. Would I advocate either taking their lives, to prevent suffering? Or is a cure around the corner? My Gal just rang the hospital, and he is in cardiac resus, and 'stable', but poorly..on a ventilator..as I type, so would the best thing to do, turn off the machine? All the heartache that my partner has had in her life, she wants to save him and love him, he's 51 yo...she has lost too many family, I think it's cruel for someone to say, OK end it now, for the Family, but if no family...

I'm living the point that Terry Pratchett makes. My girls brother is on life support. Her parents died, on the same day a year apart, her brothers and sister died, can we save this one? If he dies, she will be wrecked. If the decision comes to turn off the machine, that's my decision.

Choice is to the person.
Already I have said my father had Motor Neurone Disease and asked me to assist him in a dignified passing.
He died before I could assist, something I would have done but possibily regretted.

But Moody person, you say in your post with family not to make the call. But if a person is without its pull the plug time.

Then you say its your choice over your "gals", but its her brother.

Choice is to the person.
Already I have said my father had Motor Neurone Disease and asked me to assist him in a dignified passing.
He died before I could assist, something I would have done but possibily regretted.

But Moody person, you say in your post with family not to make the call. But if a person is without its pull the plug time.

Then you say its your choice over your "gals", but its her brother.

Are you really this insane?

And Mods, lets not delete this too.

Kept a copy to repost just in case.

When you state me insane...is this from where? He declared me as his dependant years ago,

You miss the point.
On one hand you say with family its unfair.
Then say you have carte blanch on death if someone is alone.

Box of frogs springs to mind with you.
And please look at others descriptions of you, before you accuse me of anything else.

Did you chose your user name from experience? Because it certainly looks like it.

So I lied about my father then?
How about my grandparents, oh we had not gone there had we.
Yes I have an opinion,like you. Have dealt with life issues which you seem not to understand.
Make assumptions you have no idea about.
Are you drinking, I am not, nor on any mind altering drugs.
You clearly have issues, one being a liar.

So back to the point, assisted suicide.
Should be allowed and made legal, for many reasons.
With people able minded, in agony and beyond medical assistance. Unless they ask to be guinea pigs for advanced medical reasons.
Personally I would like to suffer to make others well enough to live a fruitful life. If it came to it. But to spare my children it would have to be hidden.
Would you be willing to do the above?

Sponsored Links
Back