Association of master tradesmen. Con or not?

Association of master tradesmen

• Association of master tradesmen! Sh*t

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • Or hot?

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please does anyone have anything good to say about this crowd?
They have spent a lot of time filing things on every forum going. This website seems the last refuge of sense. My business is slowly sinking and I am on every directory going to try and promote my business. I really cant afford to lose £500. But if they can put the promise leads my way surely it cant be all bad! Can it.......... :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
IMHO all these associations/internet scam agencies/con artistes. (delete as necessary) are after is your money. YOUR MONEY :!: :!: :!:
They will offer you leads worth £500, £1000, £2000, £10,000 per week, just as long as you pay them £xxxxxxxx per year in registration /administration fees.
Almost all (bar non) fail to deliver the promised leads. The only ones to be earning £££££££££'s per week are them.
By all means, give them your money, but to be very honest, you'd be better spending it over the bar of your local watering hole (at least you'll have a hangover to show for it) ;) ;) ;)

PS,,, a quick look at their website shows that "Sherwood Carpentry Contractors", have been a member since Sept 2010 and have received 6, yes 6 enquiries in a year and two months since joining. :!: :!: That's an average of less than 1 enquiry every two months.
You have to ask yourself if it's worth you throwing money away. I can't believe that your even considering this . ;) ;)

i have never come accross this outfit so can only agree with others
your only fully positive or negative pole is "simplistic " and pointless
you need at least 5 choices as in [1]good choice have positive dealings
[2]not very good [3] fairly neutral thoughts[4]not very good dealing with them [5] bad company to deal with

They contacted my company saying they had been given my name as a quality builder by a previous client. Foolishly they gave me the name of my client which surprisingly was genuine, I contacted my client and asked if they had recommended us. Funnily enough The association of master Tradesmen had telephoned my client earlier as they had found the name on a planning register, requested the name of the builder and telephone number used on the job. My client gladly gave it as they were told they were looking for reputable contractors. Its all sales driven. People will say anything just to make a buck. Rated People was exposed on TV only two months ago for allocating work to any Tom Dick or BOB, no checks, no supervision at all. Tread cautiously it may or may not be a good thing, but look on it as placing £500 on a horse.

This company have just called me for names of reputable builders in my area,,,, worried because they were so far away!.. asked for an email with his company details.... and found this forum!!
anyone wanting a builder should do their own checks and see his work first. The Federation of master builders can help too. or contact a professional to help you.

This is a three year old topic originally .. it would be interesting to know how the OP has got on over that time . these days it is better to spend the money on a good website .

Sponsored Links
Back