Astra J Rear Waser and Wiper stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Astra J 2015

I accidently smashed the rear window of my 5 door recently. I'm getting the window replaced but I'm more concerned about the rear washer and wiper now not working. They were both working fine with no issues until the window smashed.

Fuses are fine and there seems to be live power going to the plug of the wiper. I've also bought a second hand wiper motor, plugged it in, still no good. Front wipers and washers working no problem.

Any ideas what this could be please?

TYIA

Sponsored Links
The stalks on the old Vauxhall’s were notorious for packing up. Could be a coincidence but they aren’t particularly expensive to replace.
You could drop the steering cowelling and test it easily enough. The older models would slide out of the column with the loom still plugged in. You can stick a volt meter on the connections

Another thought... is the earth connection made at the tailgate? Check it is properly grounded as well

Hi Plastic_Peanut

Thank you for your response. Fortunately, the window is back in and everything is working as normal! There's a possibility that I didn't have the boot fully latched when testing (I don't know anything about car maintenance!)

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Back