Astragal Bar - R9

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone give me their opinion which is best on the triple glazed unit on an R9 astragal bar; the clip fit or adhesive fix?

I see some on display at a local fabricator and the adhesive fix looked much better as the bar had a profiled (scribed) join as oppose to a square cut on the clip option.....is this the norm?

Sponsored Links
Didn't know r9 done a clip astragal. Thought they used adhesive tape

Well I went to a show room here and they had tape or clip & tape......I wasn't sure if it was poor fitting but the clip & tape looked terrible as it wasn't sitting tight to the sash. The tape only looked much better.

Does a bead of silicone usually get placed in the bar lip by the installer?

Never used silicone. That said we never used a welded sash as our units get bonded in using mechanical sash so units and bars are preglazed

Sponsored Links
No this was mechanical joint bonded.......they just had the two options there and the clip & tape looked inferior to the tape only, as the clip part wouldn't allow for a fully flush fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back