Asylum seekers accommodation - Did I hear these numbers correctly?

So you wouldn't include health care or housing as a benefit then?
No, I'd call those a basic human right. They don't even get most healthcare iirc, just emergency care. But again, the numbers and statement seem reasonable. Benefits, not total cost to the state.

Sponsored Links
No, I'd call those a basic human right. They don't even get most healthcare iirc, just emergency care. It's not as if they're allowed to get a job and provide themselves a house.

Not true, my partner who works in mental health sees plenty of asylum seekers.

Strange though, I wonder why housing benefit is named so?

Last edited by a moderator:
They're not our problem, and taxpayers shouldn't be funding it when we have a housing crisis, pandemic and the economy is about to dive. Charity begins at home.

And most of them are ECONOMIC MIGRANTS.
Thank you for confirming my post......."dehumanising refugees absolves any responsibility"

Do tell me, if they aren't the UKs problem, whose problem are they?

The facts disagree

"The single most important reason why these asylum seekers had ended up in the UK was because a decision to bring them here had been made by others"

"Current political and policy debates in the UK are underpinned by the assumption that asylum decision making is motivated primarily by economic considerations and reflects rational choices based on full knowledge of asylum systems in different countries of origin. This can result in a failure to properly hear what people have to say about the circumstances under which they left and the constraints within which choices are made.

The evidence from this research suggests that decision making in the context of forced migration is rarely a rational exercise in which people have full knowledge of all the alternatives and weigh them in some conscious process designed to maximise returns"

They're not our problem, and taxpayers shouldn't be funding it when we have a housing crisis, pandemic and the economy is about to dive. Charity begins at home.

And most of them are ECONOMIC MIGRANTS.

yes, that's what the Daily Mail has always said.

DailyMailFascists.jpg

It's no surprise that the attitudes of RWRs has not changed.

Only their favourite targets

Sponsored Links
Not true, my partner who works in mental health sees plenty of asylum seekers.
Rubbish, apparently they're all economic migrants, they can't be dealing with the results of torture, war and loss.

But no, you're right, they are exempt from the rules on residency. Go us!

Credible source?

It would be hard to see how asylum seekers cost anything like as much as tax avoidance or benefit fraud.

If right wing supporters are up in arms about govt money spent on asylum seekers, why aren't they up in arms about govt money spent on bogus PPE contracts.

Rubbish, apparently they're all economic migrants, they can't be dealing with the results of torture, war and loss.

But no, you're right, they are exempt from the rules on residency. Go us!

Sigh, as usual, you're chatting sh*te, they are bone fide (as recognised by the home office) asylum seekers.

It would be hard to see how asylum seekers cost anything like as much as tax avoidance or benefit fraud.

If right wing supporters are up in arms about govt money spent on asylum seekers, why aren't they up in arms about govt money spent on bogus PPE contracts.

Quite possibly not, but as usual, you're missing the point, posting false figures supporting any narrative is disengenous, regardless of your political viewpoint.

Tax avoidance isn’t illegal. I practice it and if you don’t, you are a bigger fool than you appear.

Sponsored Links
Back