Asylum seekers accommodation - Did I hear these numbers correctly?

Sponsored Links
No, the attachment said RWRs were only bothered about 1., whereas I said they're also bothered about 2.
50 times as much? Let's face it it gets far more attention than it deserves based on simole cost.

50 times as much? Let's face it it gets far more attention than it deserves based on simole cost.

What is the cost? 'coz the £60m quoted clearly isn't correct?

You'd have to agree, regardless of ones narrative, making up numbers simply places one in exactly the same place as all the rags many folk on here deride (probably rightly so TBF)

Sponsored Links
Isn't it great that we're such a kind country?

:)

:)

Yeah, not so much if general discussion is representative of the wider public.

Sadly the narrative completely dehumanises these refugees, so there is zero sympathy afforded to them.

I realise it's hard for the UK to manage lots of refugees, but I do find the way people just stick their fingers in their ears and shout "not my problem" lacks any human kindness.

Why are you saying NO?

I was only pointing out where the £3b amount came from

No, I think Brig may be saying that regardless of whether one was LW, RW or somewhere in the middle, the one constant is ****** remains ******.

What is the cost? 'coz the £60m quoted clearly isn't correct?

You'd have to agree, regardless of ones narrative, making up numbers simply places one in exactly the same place as all the rags many folk on here deride (probably rightly so TBF)
Find better numbers then. It might be higher, but it's never going to come close to benefit fraud and never in a million years near tax evasion.

Find better numbers then. It might be higher, but it's never going to come close to benefit fraud and never in a million years near tax evasion.

No, it's not me advertising false numbers, so not my call. I can just tell you the ones stated are demonstrably rubbish.

No, it's not me advertising false numbers, so not my call. I can just tell you the ones stated are demonstrably rubbish.

the numbers aren't out by a great enough factor to discredit the message

Unlike the latest Covid positive test now which apparently are demonstrably rubbish

I didn't state them either. Asylum seekers do get £37 a week for what it's worth, so it seems to be about right.

I realise it's hard for the UK to manage lots of refugees, but I do find the way people just stick their fingers in their ears and shout "not my problem" lacks any human kindness.

They're not our problem, and taxpayers shouldn't be funding it when we have a housing crisis, pandemic and the economy is about to dive. Charity begins at home.

And most of them are ECONOMIC MIGRANTS.

I didn't state them either. Asylum seekers do get £37 a week for what it's worth, so it seems to be about right.

In direct benefits, yes they get a paltry £5 per day, but that's not the cost is it as the OP asserted.

In direct benefits, yes they get a paltry £5 per day, but that's not the cost is it as the OP asserted.
The image said benefits, not the total cost of the asylum system. You're right, that would be higher. But the numbers initially posted arent obviously wrong and if you want to work out what that total cost is you're welcome to do it.

The image said benefits, not the total cost of the asylum system. You're right, that would be higher. But the numbers initially posted arent obviously wrong and if you want to work out what that total cost is you're welcome to do it.

So you wouldn't include health care or housing as a benefit then?

Sponsored Links
Back