Asylum seekers accommodation - Did I hear these numbers correctly?

You mean like at footie matches or festivals. Or do you mean like demo's or carnivals? Or do you mean like tourists or migrants? It's a pi$$ poor nation that can't cope with an extra person per town, lol.

Thank-you Gary Lineker.

Sponsored Links
It doesn't.
What it does imply is that the individual immigrant's (mirroring your term) environmental impact will, given time and presuming their lifestyle changes to more closely match that typical of the UK resident, will differ from their previous environmental footprint.

For example, an Amurcan or 'Stralian would, on average, reduce their footprint, while someone who previously lived a subsistence existence would increase theirs.

yes I agree with that hypothesis,

that would assume those refugees / migrants would return to subsistence existence....not settle elsewhere.

I suppose the point I was clumsily making is that Munroist was making the argument from NIMBYism not from a global environmental perspective.

You mean like at footie matches or festivals. Or do you mean like demo's or carnivals? Or do you mean like tourists or migrants? It's a pi$$ poor nation that can't cope with an extra person per town, lol.

There are 23 major cities in England, that equates to an annual influx of about 10000 people per city on average, not that it's evenly distributed.

Although we take in more via the UN relocation scheme than any other eu country, we should take more?
Oh yeah, I rememberTony Bliar & Gorgon Brown estimated 10000 per year from eu free movement. Good work fellas.How did that work out?
(Football stadiums & festivals have ticket allocation. You know, limits on capacity. Muppet)

Sponsored Links
There are 23 major cities in England
England...?

United Kingdom has 1 cities with more than a million people, 95 cities with between 100,000 and 1 million people, and 951 cities with between 10,000 and 100,000 people.

There are no borders (yet) in the UK.

sorry there aren't, there's about 40 odd thousand towns and villages.
49,021 towns

All 49,021 towns have linked location information (including county, country, region, postcode, local government area, grid reference, easting-northing, latitude-longitude and elevation) and, unlike many other datasets, it fully covers the whole UK including Northern Ireland and suburban areas in Greater London.

England...?

United Kingdom has 1 cities with more than a million people, 95 cities with between 100,000 and 1 million people, and 951 cities with between 10,000 and 100,000 people.

There are no borders (yet) in the UK.

Major, viz with mayors.

49,021 towns

All 49,021 towns have linked location information (including county, country, region, postcode, local government area, grid reference, easting-northing, latitude-longitude and elevation) and, unlike many other datasets, it fully covers the whole UK including Northern Ireland and suburban areas in Greater London.

Have you a link? The one I looked at had ~45k "towns" but looking at it, it included places like Swan bottom, in bucks, that I know for a fact has about 6 houses to it's name.

Sponsored Links
Back