Asylum seekers accommodation - Did I hear these numbers correctly?

Sponsored Links
we need the rest of the land to produce food, in fact we have so little farm land we produce less than half the calories we consume.

The UKs land and seas is only capable of supporting about 20 million people in a long term sustainable manner
https://www.footprintnetwork.org/our-work/ecological-footprint/

The UK is stupidly overcrowded and the last thing we need is more people.

We are pressed into a small percentage of the land.

20 million - well we should have stopped around 1870 then!

Stop buying the argument we are full - its RW claptrap. However that does not mean that we should house anyone and sundry - they are both mutually exclusive. But nuance is lost.

We are pressed into a small percentage of the land.

20 million - well we should have stopped around 1870 then!

Stop buying the argument we are full - its RW claptrap. However that does not mean that we should house anyone and sundry - they are both mutually exclusive. But nuance is lost.
when did environmental concerns become right wing? being concerned about the health of our planet, its diversity of life and wondrous eco-systems is neither left or right wing. Did you watch the latest David Attenburough "Extinction" ? was that RW propaganda?

My arguments are purely environmental and due to ridiculous over population we have long past where we can live in a long term sustainable manner, we need to stop adding to the problem now.

You seem to be missing a big point. When people say “full”.
It’s mainly public transport, health & care services, schools etc. It takes along time to catch up to a rapidly increasing population. Roads in London are completely gridlocked at rush hour. Backlog of hospital tests. Our current infrastructure structure is at capacity.

Sponsored Links
No such thing as "sea gulls" ; they're just gulls.

No idea why herring gulls (the big bast**ds) are protected, they're not exactly rare and they're a bloody nuisance, mind you not as much of a nuisance as the holidaymakers.

when did environmental concerns become right wing? being concerned about the health of our planet, its diversity of life and wondrous eco-systems is neither left or right wing. Did you watch the latest David Attenburough "Extinction" ? was that RW propaganda?

My arguments are purely environmental and due to ridiculous over population we have long past where we can live in a long term sustainable manner, we need to stop adding to the problem now.

When you use terms such as being full - that's not from any environmental concern but RW dogma.

You seem to be missing a big point. When people say “full”.
It’s mainly public transport, health & care services, schools etc. It takes along time to catch up to a rapidly increasing population. Roads in London are completely gridlocked at rush hour. Backlog of hospital tests. Our current infrastructure structure is at capacity.

So the Government hasn't invested in public services due to idiotic Austerity cuts. You can't have it both ways.

I am not a supporter of anyone coming and settling in the UK (no one has an issue with having controls - RW like to make things up) - but the arguments RW use are a busted flush.

No idea why herring gulls (the big bast**ds) are protected, they're not exactly rare and they're a bloody nuisance, mind you not as much of a nuisance as the holidaymakers.
I went sea fishing once, from a boat. I caught a fish, can’t remember what it was but when we pulled them up, their swim bladders puffed up and when we checked them back in, it took a while for them to go down and they just flapped about on the surface for a while. Anyway, I chucked one back, must have been as big as my hand and before it could deflate, a gull swooped down and swallowed it in one go. It must have had to dislocate its beak like a snake to get this fish down but it went down its throat in seconds!

thats a global problem.

preventing people from coming to the UK doesnt mean those people dont exist, there is no environmental gain where people are.

If that were true, each country would have the same average carbon footprint per person.
Which it doesn't.
whilst that is true, one cant use the environmental argument as a case against immigration to the UK

that somehow implies if people are stopped from immigrating to the UK, they dont exist.

whilst that is true, one cant use the environmental argument as a case against immigration to the UK

that somehow implies if people are stopped from immigrating to the UK, they dont exist.

It doesn't.
What it does imply is that the individual immigrant's (mirroring your term) environmental impact will, given time and presuming their lifestyle changes to more closely match that typical of the UK resident, will differ from their previous environmental footprint.

For example, an Amurcan or 'Stralian would, on average, reduce their footprint, while someone who previously lived a subsistence existence would increase theirs.

How do you provide infrastructure for an unknown number? Muppet.
Anyway. Scotland has a falling population (I wonder why) let’s stick em all up there.

How do you provide infrastructure for an unknown number?
You mean like at footie matches or festivals. Or do you mean like demo's or carnivals? Or do you mean like tourists or migrants? It's a pi$$ poor nation that can't cope with an extra person per town, lol.

Sponsored Links
Back