Asylum seekers accommodation - Did I hear these numbers correctly?

Sponsored Links
There was a prog on the radio over this red squirrel caper

General concensus now is that the greys had nowt to do with there decline

Was a prog on alien species

Apparently parakees are gaining an ever. Increasing foot hold in the UK.

I like them

Sponsored Links
Apparently parakees are gaining an ever. Increasing foot hold in the UK.

I like them

I heard secondhand so could be completely wrong that it all originated from an escaped pair of parakeets in Windsor.
Anyway, from there they've certainly spread along the Thames as far as London, not sure how far the other way or if they're spreading out from the river. Pretty birds to see though.

Go on, go on...

4A68FFE6-4205-4037-9962-9485A7ACCF39.gif

Yeah, I like them too, quite noisy chaps. I've seen them fly in numbers of FIL's home in London. I think they've spread mainly in the SE. :)

I heard secondhand so could be completely wrong that it all originated from an escaped pair of parakeets in Windsor.
Anyway, from there they've certainly spread along the Thames as far as London, not sure how far the other way or if they're spreading out from the river. Pretty birds to see though.

All sorts of theory's on how they came about

Some some say jimi hendrix released some in the. 6os

Another was some were released during the filming of a humphrey bogart film in the UK can't think of the film title but katharine Hepburn was in it as well

Several other stories on the subject

I had some in my garden on my bird feeder a year ago - I think I’ve already posted this picture on here.

38E65535-02E3-4319-ADA2-A74E437DE516.jpeg

Pretty, but like most non native invasive species, they wreak havoc on indigenous birds and other wildlife. Grey squirrels , Cormorants and goosanders are the same, signal crayfish,American bullfrogs mitten crabs, Japanese knotweed are just a few invasive species of fauna and flora that need eradicating from the UK.

Yeah, I like them too, quite noisy chaps. I've seen them fly in numbers of FIL's home in London. I think they've spread mainly in the SE. :)

Apparently they have been seen in Manchester

The question that was raised is if they keep spreading will they be culled

General concensus was that people will not stand for it???

They are quite aggressive to other birds
So they said any way??

Sponsored Links
Back