At my wits end, what am i doing wrong.

Sponsored Links
kev so this is the bypass what part does that play, is this the prob

Sponsored Links
what sort of changes should i notice by changing this, is there anything i need to listen out for

Turn all the rads off that work except the highest one.

On all the ones that don't work turn the wheel head valve off and vent a quantity of water into a bucket untill hot water come through then open the valve and repeat the next rad

doitall i suppose i need to do this with the boiler running and when u mean mean wheel head do you mean the bypass or valves on rad

and when i get hot water do i turn each rad back on 1 by 1, if the cold one heat up, but what do i try if they dont heat , and do i need to do this the the 2ports open manually or doesnt it matter

It the heating is on, the valve should be open anyway, if it isn't then there's problem No 1

so this is what im gonna try on sat, and i will let everyone know i suppose on sat nite or sun, here goes

Turn the boiler on,turn all working rads OFF except the highest one, move all 2port valves open manually.then with the rads that dont work drain them until i get hot water then move on to the next cold rad until i feel them warm up.

If they do warm up turn all rads back on one by one then i suppose im home and dry.

If i dont feel them warm up i should adjust the bypass left or right to see if i get any change if not i will put back to normal. then what shall i try. is my next step power flushing?

thanx guys have a nice weekend, hope it stays warm.

tried what i said in last post does anyone know what i do now

thanx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back