At the end of the day

He had forgotten you're only young once, he was as deaf as a door-knob ... Now as dead as a door-nail , just did not realise there is no smoke without fire..If he had just stopped beating about the bush thought less about taking care of the pence and letting the pounds take care of themselves .... May have bought a visual alarm... Guess he couldn't call for help had a frog in his throat, plain forgot whatever can go wrong will go wrong especially when burning the midnight oil, he truly had one foot in the grave once he began burning the candle at both ends.

Never forget :-
If your feet smell and your nose runs - you're built upside down.
:D

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
ninebob said:
At the end of the day: I agree entirely how annoying this is.

For the last few months I have taken to reacting, when people in the pub say it I say "good night!" and turn away from them!

Also annoying is when someone says "Well basically..." and goes on to describe something far from basic, or "Obviously" preceding something far from obvious...

I hope that wasn't a dig at my rambling DNS explanation!
No, it wasn't - although I must admit I do now know less about it than when I asked the question!!! ;) :D

Eddie M said:
ninebob said:
Also annoying is when someone says "Well basically..." and goes on to describe something far from basic, or "Obviously" preceding something far from obvious...

I hope that wasn't a dig at my rambling DNS explanation!
No, it wasn't - although I must admit I do now know less about it than when I asked the question!!! ;) :D

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
look at the speed that cars going, they wont get there any quicker...

of course they b****y will theyre going faster ergo theyll get there quicker!

I saw Jay Leno on Top Gear I think (might have been something else). He was recounting a story where his aged father told him "Slow the car down, you're going a mile a minute!"

He was in fact going MORE than a mile a minute, at 75mph, or 1.25 miles per minute. :LOL:

It is an old saying from the days when cars and roads did not make 60mph such an easily attainable speed.

My MiL hate driving fast..anything in excess of about 25mph is fast as this was the speed her late husband drove at for about 50 years!!

Anyway, I was in a rush in Germany last year, wife said we had to bring her along for family hols :confused: Driving along the autobahn I was goping at about 90mph in the MPV we had hired, anyway this Porsche goes past us and the dottay old bat pipes up.....

"Look at that Madman, I bet he thinks he'll get there quicker, you'd think there was no limit on this road"

I had to laugh :LOL: :LOL:

here,s one i hate its swings and rounderbouts
im always stuck on the swings

sorry about the last post, is the forum going crazy the last post was at lunch time according to the forum, whats going on ? every time i post a message it comes up (general error could not insert new word matches ) please help

DDoyle said:
Why does this forum repeat posts??

Because it has been rehashed .. Using lump hammer and bolster.. :D

Sponsored Links
Back