HWRC rant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Packed the car up on thursday. Set off to the tip, which is about a 3 minute drive away. BLOODY SHUT on thursdays! Sign at the gate said where the nearest open tip is, about a 12 minute drive away. So we went there. However when we arrived there was a queue of about 20 cars waiting to get in. No exaggeration. In the spirit of actually wanting to get stuff done in the house we swerved this and went back to the house. I ended up at a tip in a neighbouring authority that afternoon.

Sorry, but if there's such demand for HWRCs they should open more often!

I don't shut my petrol station two days a week to give everyone a day off. What an utterly backwards way of running things.

Sponsored Links
Packed the car up on thursday. Set off to the tip, which is about a 3 minute drive away. BLOODY SHUT on thursdays! Sign at the gate said where the nearest open tip is, about a 12 minute drive away. So we went there. However when we arrived there was a queue of about 20 cars waiting to get in. No exaggeration. In the spirit of actually wanting to get stuff done in the house we swerved this and went back to the house. I ended up at a tip in a neighbouring authority that afternoon.

Sorry, but if there's such demand for HWRCs they should open more often!

I don't shut my petrol station two days a week to give everyone a day off. What an utterly backwards way of running things.
I think there's a high degree of inconsistency of processes between various HWRC also.
Some will allow trailers, others not, or one trailer load only.
Our local HWRC allows one trailer load per month! Yet I can travel to a neighboring authority and take as many trailer loads as I like!
Others operate a permit system where the permits are sent to an address within the authority.
There's also inconsistency about what is accepted and what is not.

Some private quarries now have hardcore recycling facilities and will accept clean hardcore free.

Additionally if you phone to check with your HWRC, what happens in reality may not coincide with the information given over the phone.

Sponsored Links
Back