Too hot...

Ban-all-Sheds wrote.

Ever tried the spellchecker?
WTF was that for??

I would of thought it was obvious really BAS.

Noodlz said they were distraught at my changing text. I only highlighted a part for clarity and didn't change the meaning in any way.

Noodlz then said they were joking, but I don't believe them. Do you remember this apology from Noodlz? it was given last time he/she accused me of altering quotes.

From having looked at all the evidence and from what everybody's said, I can only conclude that you, paulbrown, must be right and I must be in the wrong here.

I did question myself whether I had edited the original post but don't honestly remember doing so and then thought it would show that I had edited it, but as Johnny_t and BAS have pointed out it would not show that it has been edited if it had been changed, as you have rightly said, before another post is added.

In addition, Julie actually seeing the post as you quoted and the fact that this sort of thing has happened to me before with the mouse when editing documents, I guess there's little other conclusion to draw. I do not think I can blame mods for this either as I did also think I might have altered it originally. This must be the case, but for the life of me, I still can't remember doing so (will go to doctors tomorrow to check for Alzheimers...if I remember!).

Yes, it was petty and small-minded of me to descend to name-calling and for that I unreservedly apologise. I hope you accept that and we can move on from here. I did post some comments that were meant to be tongue in cheek, but maybe they didn't come across as such and with our previous history I can see why you wouldn't think anything I say to you wouldn't be anything other than meant as an insult.

So, it looks like its me, not you, eating not just a slice of humble pie, but the whole cake.

So, once again, paulbrown, sorry

Bitter as well as sorry it appears.

Here was my reply to noodlz ,at the time, which I gave in good faith.

Ok then fair enough your explanation is accepted lets all move on now.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53279&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90

Clearly Noodlz doesn't really want to do this, which speaks volumes about their integrity.

Sorry BAS, but I did notice the mispelling of advertising first time round. Most of us ignore these things and they are indeed petty. Who started being petty first though?

Sponsored Links
paulbrown said:
Ban-all-Sheds wrote.

WTF was that for??

What was obvious was the text to which you referred.

What was not at all obvious was why you had done so at that point.

Noodlz said they were distraught at my changing text. I only highlighted a part for clarity and didn't change the meaning in any way.

Noodlz then said they were joking, but I don't believe them.
Well I do, and my guess is that almost everybody does.

Sorry BAS, but I did notice the mispelling of advertising first time round. Most of us ignore these things and they are indeed petty. Who started being petty first though?
You.

Absolutely you.

Undoubtedly you.

Unquestionably you.

tigger said:
Unbelievably the advice given by a doctor on yesterdays BBC news was to keep the windows shut to keep the heat out.

Mad! but not uncommon - at least here - this nation have an aversion to any kind of inside air movement ( apparently it all constitutes a 'draft' - oooooh....scarey draft, lock all doors and windows the bogey man cometh!), nearly got the sack two years ago because I dared open the windows but close the curtains - spent the next ten hours locked up with an overtly stick , hichly uncomfortable and hideously heat rashed 4 week old baby. She cried a lot.

the best way to cope with the heat here - outdoor pools :cool:

ban-all-sheds said:
paulbrown said:
Ban-all-Sheds wrote.

WTF was that for??

What was obvious was the text to which you referred.

What was not at all obvious was why you had done so at that point.

Noodlz then said they were joking, but I don't believe them.
Well I do, and my guess is that almost everybody does.

You.

Absolutely you.

Undoubtedly you.

Unquestionably you.

Hello BAS, hows your carer doing?

You.

Absolutely you.

Undoubtedly you.

Unquestionably you.

Where did I start this?????

Sponsored Links
markie said:
HI P,B im going to liverpool 5 weeks time with the lads might see you on the town, :LOL: ;)

I'm originally from Liverpool but now live in Manchester. To be honest I don't do "on the town" anymore, I don't think the large cities are worth the potential grief, give me a country pub anytime ;)

hermes said:
I'm sorry to say it but this weather is too hot for me. I left work early because I felt like I was melting and the car told me it was 31 degrees outside! When I got home I couldn't do much, couldn't go to the gym, couldn't take the dog for a walk...just too hot!
Generally I would just grin and bear it for a few days but the problem is that we are going to Spain on Thursday to stay with my sis-in-law and I spoke to her on the phone 5 minutes ago and she told me that it was 39 degrees today and 29 degrees right now! In the dark!
I asked her what they did during the day, expecting her to say that they are all used to it by now and they just carry on as normal but she told me that in the afternoons they stay inside the house and pull all the blinds down!
My wife is actually looking forward to the heat but she is obviously quite mad.
What about you lot, do you like it to be sweltering? Is it hot enough for you?

Love the heat.. but not when im working in it. cant stand noise of aircon at night.. and windows shut up yuk... So stuck up a large fantasia ceiling fan in bedroom... noisless on low setting .. and lovely cool breese.

Most decent modern aircon units have a sleep setting which makes them virtually inaudible.

Regards - J

johnb80 said:
Most decent modern aircon units have a sleep setting which makes them virtually inaudible.

Regards - J

I Got tinnititus tho slightest whirring noise means no sleep :(

it is now 425am....a calm morning.....88 degrees farenheit...pretty typical this time of year. Probably will reach about 92 today. I thought I was missing something when I read your temps....even in celsius ( :rolleyes: spelling)....cant get beyond 70. I guess it's all in what you're used to. :confused: :LOL:

:LOL: yeah, you wimps, bring on tonights low of 23° (73.4)...welcome respite.

confidentincompetent said:
johnb80 said:

Regards - J

I've had tinitus for 10 years - it means that you get a noise in your head when there is no noise - you don't even hear any extra whirring. Don't know what you've got - but it's not tinitus.

And anyone in this country that thinks they need air con needs to get a grip.
Give the cash to the poor rather than waste it on silly fashion fads.
I lived in Oz for 15 years without it - and I survived. Temperatures over 35C were common in summer.

joe

joe-90 said:
confidentincompetent said:
johnb80 said:

Regards - J

I've had tinitus for 10 years -- you don't even hear any extra whirring. Don't know what you've got - but it's not tinitus.

joe

Yep quite right but any whirring or whinning type noise when shut off sets off the radio type humming, in a quiet room. well thats the way it gets me ... There are many ways people are affected by tinnitus not just your way.....

plastered said:
:LOL: yeah, you wimps, bring on tonights low of 23° (73.4)...welcome respite.
I suppose you as hard as nails.......... and just as easily hammered :LOL:

Why is it that some people just have to comment on what other people like in a derogatory way? I don't enjoy being hot, I actually prefer colder temperatures and don't mind being outdoors all day in sub zero temps. Why shouldn't I have aircon so that I fell comfortable, it's got b*gger all to do with you.

Regards - J

Sponsored Links
Back