Atag A325EC or Vailant eco831 combi - your thoughts pls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been recommended by a gentleman on this forum (thanks muchly) to consider the Atag A325EC but my chosen Plumbing Engineer, whilst happy to fit the Atag (first time for him) recommends the Vailant eco831.

I have googled and read up on the various review sites etc etc and am still undecided.

Without being shot down in flames !!!

Could any of the vastly experienced engineers on this site share their thoughts and experiences.

Ta.

Sponsored Links
ATAG every time.

Makes the Vaillant look like something chad valley manufactured!

with the atag you get 837 performance for the price of an 831.

a325ec is one of a few boilers with 98%eff even when producing dhw unlike the vaillant.

atag comes with genuine 5 year warrenty unlike the vaillant.

downside is the atag looks hideous and huge when sat next to any vaillant.

Sponsored Links
with the atag you get 837 performance for the price of an 831.

a325ec is one of a few boilers with 98%eff even when producing dhw unlike the vaillant.

atag comes with genuine 5 year warrenty unlike the vaillant.

downside is the atag looks hideous and huge when sat next to any vaillant.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The A325ec p*sses over anything equivalent kw for kw because of the second heat exchanger (like gassaver add on). You get a few extra litres/min flow rate thanks to it.

Atag also generally p*ss over anything else on the market in terms of build quality and support. Anyone who has installed an Atag should speak highly off them.

Other thing's to consider , may be ? ,might be , is your installer familiar with Vaillant's ??? does he fix & service them ??? does he carry or stock spare's for them ??? , who repair's the boiler if an in-warranty fault occur's ??? service agent's or direct labour , who stock's spare
's , & were ??? are they on the shelf ????

The A325ec p*sses over anything equivalent kw for kw because of the second heat exchanger (like gassaver add on). You get a few extra litres/min flow rate thanks to it.

does it **** all over an intergas kw for kw?

Thanks for the replies. All comments taken on board.
I really like the read of the Atag and as it will be in a utility room with enough space then looks and size don't matter :eek:

Servicing ? could be an issue so I'll make enquiries of the plumber.

Availability - Contacted Atag direct and they are on special through plumb centre but when I contacted PC got the usual 'never heard of them' and when I pushed the point they found 'oh yes, we do sell them'. so somehow the sales blurb isn't getting through to the suppliers.

Checked out their reviews etc via www and they read as truly innovative so - prolly going in that direction cos vailant and others have their fair share of - and +.

and they have a full 5 year parts and labour warranty which is a big +

thx again for the input.

go for it, you may even convert your installer. The atags are also easily weather comped and opentherm compatible so leaves you plenty of control options.

does it p**s all over an intergas kw for kw?
I don't know the intergas, but I would say yes because the second flue heat exchanger is pre-heating incoming cold before it gets to the main PHE.

does it p**s all over an intergas kw for kw?
I don't know the intergas, but I would say yes because the second flue heat exchanger is pre-heating incoming cold before it gets to the main PHE.

Only thing I can add to this enquiry is that I measured flue temp on the A325ec with hot tap on and it was 23C, I guess if you done the same on the intergas it would give you some idea for comparison.

Some key Vaillant installers (including myself) have a 5 yr warranty, so there is no advantage there.

I would ask Atag about service and support, because they are a very small player in the UK boiler market.

we get 5years but it involves group service which means hours on the phone on hold,and the chance of a muppet coming out.

Atag will pay the installer to fix it,or have an approved guy locally.

Atag have been in the industry a while,their boilers have been around longer than the Eco tec 's but they are built in one place and badges diffently depending on who buys it.

As a Vaillant installer I was torn between the two for home,in the end the atag won on performance and price.luckly though it's in the garage.

I can only fully agree with Lee.

Group service sucks at best and there are a lot of parts changers working for them now.

Bring back the days of Vaillant and their own Vaillant engineers who knew what they were doing IMHO.

Atags one man technical dept ****es all over vaillants useless offering!

Atags one man technical dept p****s all over vaillants useless offering!

Which mean's they are either very reliable ?? or they don't sell many ??? or there is one hell of a stacking system on there phone ????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back