Atmos or Intergas

• Thread starter Brightonguy
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
The PRV is a safety device and not covered by the boiler manufactures regs, so other than saying it should discharge safely thats good enough.

The regs will say that in the event it does discharge it should be visible.

This thread states that all boilers can have their pressure relief valves connected to a HepvO trap. Part g of the building regs approves it.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=249310&start=15[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me where its states that all boilers can have there PRVs run in plastic in document G?

No, I was just pointing people to the thread. It does mention the atag.

Sponsored Links
Getting tired of your nonsense , you avoid answering any questions put to you so what is the point?, can you not see the forum is laughing at you?

If you have to disrespect the average heating engineer then at least tell us something we dont already know , you are a googler and a terrible one at that.

We have a resident googler in the CC so it does get a little tiresome.

Getting tired of your nonsense

The only nonsense is from you. You have contributed sweet nothing to then thread.

When I feel it is worth it I will contribute something , until you give me some answers then you have no chance , why the hell would I 'fuel' a no nothing troll?

You say that you are referencing a table , what exactly is this table explaining? , do not undermine the experience/knowledge that some guys on this forum have , if you were to present to me a specification based solely on your limited knowledge I would laugh in your face , you are a fool.

In domestic situations with a house not that large, 28mm was the size used that I saw.

That you SAW? , please. :rolleyes:

Using 28mm, as 35mm pipe horrendously expensive, two 28mm distribution identical sized headers can be used. One for each CH zone. The boiler's flow and return pipes tee into each header, making sure the length of the flow and return pipes to each header from the boiler the same length. .

No reason whatsoever why primary flow/return can't be of a different length. :rolleyes:

In domestic situations with a house not that large, 28mm was the size used that I saw.

That you SAW? , please. :rolleyes:

Using 28mm, as 35mm pipe horrendously expensive, two 28mm distribution identical sized headers can be used. One for each CH zone. The boiler's flow and return pipes tee into each header, making sure the length of the flow and return pipes to each header from the boiler the same length. .

No reason whatsoever why primary flow/return can't be of a different length. :rolleyes:

Nonsense !!! With two headers and one boiler the Flow and Returns from each boiler should be ideally the same length as one header may grab more flow than the other. Otherwise it is a matter of putting in a balancing valve on each header, which adds complexity. Now you know. All child's play. Keep your attitude your yourself. Or keep reading as you will learn something.

Nonsense !!! With two headers and one boiler the Flow and Returns from each boiler should be ideally the same length as one header may grab more flow than the other. Otherwise it is a matter of putting in a balancing valve on each header, which adds complexity. Now you know. All child's play. Keep your attitude your yourself. Or keep reading as you will learn something.

Why the hell would you want two headers with one boiler.

Not everything you find on uTube is good, in fact most is rubbish

:LOL:

Mr DoItAll, here is how two boilers should be connected to a Low Loss Header and how the CH loops taken off. Like you I am not impressed with many of the pictures shown on this thread of two boilers and multiple CH zones.

34zj5nc.jpg

The reason TWO header were mentioned was in response to the plumber with the attitude problem. Most domestic installations are designed by rule of thumb. He was prattling about velocity, etc. In a two zone system in a normal domestic house two headers made from 28mm pipe, with the F & R from each CH zone run into it, would do it and no need to do major calcs.

In my situation, I haven't calculated yet, but I am confident the concept of one 28mm header of a decent length with both CH zones coming off it, would do the job, using the combi with a weather compensator (it comes with it) to ensure condensing and low gas bills. If there was no weather compensation, then a pipe stat with a probe stem in the return side of the header set to below the condensing dew point would also ensure boiler condensing.

Most 2 up 2 down wouldn't need or have a header let alone two headers and one boiler.

The plumber with the attitude thats prattling on about velocity and flow rates etc is 100% on the ball and is very important when designing any large system. Of course you don't know what I did or they do for a living, but we are talking top end of the market.

Thank for the header drawing, after 50 years in the trade scratching around that would have come in handy :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back