ATS path fault Texecom

m0t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed my panel over the weekend and set it up last night over COM-WIFI and it was all working fine.

Last night I received notifications to my phone when the panel was armed etc. When I woke up this morning I checked the app on my phone and it connected fine.

About half an hour later I disarmed the alarm with a prox tag and it threw up an ATS path fault causing the unit to chirp away. It wouldn't connect through the app until I put the engineer code in.

When setting up the COM-WIFI I followed the instructions, are their any settings which I could tweak so this doesn't happen again?

Edit - should add that the delay is set to 2 as per the manual

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The Com-wifi's are suffering 'issues' and Texecom know about this, these issues have been happening for a few weeks now and have progressively gotten worse, this is their response:

We are currently investigating the cause of this issue.
In the meantime, I would suggest disabling monitoring of ATS faults (Global Options > Monitor Hardware), disabling ATS Path Faults from the areas (Area Programming > Area Options) and enabling an ATS Fault Delay of ~20-30 mins (Global Options > System Timers).
So far this is a temporary fix to prevent the panel displaying the fault constantly; However I must note that this will prevent the panel from displaying any legitimate line faults and should not be used on a monitored system.

Last edited:
Whilst I am sure the issue will be resolved soon, all the notifications generated appear to be going through okay, just the regular polling events that seem to be troublesome.

I am trying to identify why and when the comwifi is going down that I have, but its a long process of testing.

• Thanks
Reactions: m0t
Cheers, sounds like it is a wait and see scenario then. I'll adjust the settings as above when I get home.

Sponsored Links
Is this also likely to be the cause of the frequent Comip alarm and restore messages that I am seeing in the event log?

From my results it's just that the regular polling is more often so catches the errors. Very occasionally the events get missed too.

• Thanks
Reactions: m0t
I'd set it at 5 minutes but i will put it back further.

Thanks guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back