ComGSM ATS Path Fault and Com 2 Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I recently installed Premier Elite 48-W(v2.11) with ComGSM unit and trying to get it working.

I have ComGSM in comport 2
and ComWiFi in comport 1

I am using ComWiFi for the local access of Wintex and want to use ComGSM for text messaging,

I had ComGSM kind of working, was able to receive text from panel and send text to panel

But from the start I had ATS path fault and com fault, I have a good signal -065dBm, I swapped the comport between wifi and GSM few times but ATS path fault seems to be staying,

Tried resetting comport , try to clear the fault messages but it is always there,

Not sure what is wrong

Could it be something wrong with SIM(Vodafone )?

Sponsored Links
Hi Sparkymarka, Thanks for the quick response.

The lid was closed, But I had the lid opened when I connect the ComGSM to control panel(and programmed) then only I closed the lid of ComGSM.

I disconnected the ComGSM from panel and power downed, powered up, close the lid and programmed the control panel. It does working now.

It seems that lid should be closed when programming the ComGSM in the control panel. Thank you very much for the help.

There is an option ( dil switch) on the comm gsm that stops it working when the tamper is open on the comm gsm

Sponsored Links
Yes, Thats right. I have another small question with reporting options
Reporting options.jpg

I can understand some of them

Priority - Panic Alarm
Alarms - intruder Alarm
Open and Close - ???? no idea (is it panel lid open/close?)
Omits and Unomits - omitting Zones
Maintenance Alarms - (from service interval in global options?)
Temper Alarms - Any temper from Sensors or panel
Test Transmissions - Ex- Checking Phone lines (SMS server if ComGSM)
Restores - if Panel got restore?

q1) what is open/close
q2) I am using ComGSM, if I want the system to test the SMS server path every day, should I modify Test call every in global options (in addition to Test Transmissions)?

Open and close sends a text to say you have set and unset alarm
As the gsm goes straight onto the gsm network , I wouldn't bother with the test call

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back