texecom premier elite 24 com2 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
hoping someone can shed some light on what's going on with my alarm system

on com1 i have the comIP module connected, com2 i have the comGSM connected, i've got the gsm module sending texts when the system is armed, disarmed etc and they're received okay usually, sometimes a bit of a delay but that's probably the GSM network being slow

however, on the keypad for the past few weeks, constantly it shows system alerts, and a combination of ATS path fault and com2 fault. surely if the module is sending SMS messages, there can't be a fault, can there?

Sponsored Links
it doesn't quite work like that.

if you are on borderline signal it may be dropping in and out of signal hence why messages are still getting out okay.

Check your event log, set an ats fault delay for 10 minutes and see how you get on, be aware that if the gsm tower goes down during maintenance for a few hours you will still end up getting an ats fail message etc.

What is your signal strength and can it be improved by moving the aerial?

thanks
I've set the delay to 10 minutes now, the signal strength is -77 at the moment. I've got the aerial mounted horizontally under the upstairs floor above the front door, which i know isn't ideal but there wasn't space to get it vertical. I'll leave it like that for a bit, if i keep getting errors I'll lift the floor and see if i can find a better spot for the aerial

thanks again :)

Sponsored Links
It's worth bearing in mind that support from mobile operators for basic GSM services is being reduced, to make way for 4G.
GSM is not going to be dropped altogether in the immediate future, but don't rely on the signal coverage you have previously enjoyed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back