Texecom Premier Elite and COMIP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a COMIP connected to my premier elite 48, using it I can connect to the panel from Wintex and the android app and everything is reliable.

The module is connected to COM2, the problem I have is that it only seems to work if I leave the port configuration for COM2 as not used. Setting the COM2 port configuration to COMIP results in no communications with the panel. I can still ping the module at this point!

Anyone else seen a similar issue and what are the disadvantages to just leaving the COM2 setting set as "not used"?

Sponsored Links
that's interesting.

everythings going through com2 for coms and connection?

I suspect that the comip is being used in serial mode as that's what would normally happen when the com port is not programed but you would change the ip module to be used in serial mode.

If you adjust the modem speed in setup up modules from 2400 to 19200, the digi enabled etc it should work.

if however its working without the comport at all being assigned what version panel are you on ? Press menu 4 in day mode to confirm.

my understanding that sendning coms out via ip shouldn't work if the com port has not been assigned, however if its a version 3 panel its possible it may work as you assign the ARC to the comport.

I would check that out on the Texecom forum or texecom technical tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back