Texecom Premier ComIP network issue.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, here my problem, I have had a ComIP working OK for years now. After various Network provider upgrades (BT) It has left me with a weird problem. The panel throws up the odd Com2 fault. After a short period I am able to connect with Wintex ONLY through a third party ISP (I have BT and Virgin connected to my house) The Texecom Premier is attached to my BT service router on 192.168.1.210 port 10001. It is configured via DNYDNS. 90% of the time I can connect with the BT service locally through DNYDNS and I can also ping the ComIP just fine. When the Com2 fault happens I loose the connectivity to the unit via BT and have to switch to the Virgin ISP of 4G. The BT routers has the firewall configured properly (i think) and does work for long periods. It used to get Com2 faults when I had a Com2400 connected to Com2 and the ComIP was on Com1. I then dumped the Com2400, switched the ComIP onto Com2 and installed a third party Arduino based GSM dialer that is completely seperate from any Comms. (I use this in 1Pmobile and works great). Any ideas.
PS. If I change the Host address of the Panel to 192.168.1.210 (from DNYDNS host address which in e.g. something.dnsnet.org I can access the panel with my BT service. Its like randomly the system objects to DNYDNS address.

Sponsored Links
Not sure I follow 100%.

you have two services BT and Virgin?

the internal ip address 192.168.1.210 and you use a dyndns service for your external ip address to be updated?
You would port forward from the external to the internal ip address.

address in the panel would be 192.168.1.210, your router would port forward to this address on 10001?

COM2400 on comport 2???? the com2400 has always sat on the digi modem connection (on 8 pin com2400's, a fly lead was run to comport1, for full functionality).

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have two internet services that are run separately, the reason for this is that BT cut off my whole phone and internet service while I was away in America for 6 weeks. Please note that BT just send a request to takeover line by post, no email, no text, if you are not there to open the letter - they take it. 02 requested the line and that was that. Restoring it took 4 weeks - and I claimed £300 comp, that's why I run the Virgin backup system.

I have a workaround fix when connecting locally - I just have to edit the panel details, remove the "dns" service and replace with the local ip address, but I am sure I did not have to do this before. I am still left with the intermitent Com2 fault, and I will go through the forum posts to see if anyone else has had the same problem. But thanks for the input.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back