Texecom ComIP Help needed

Ok, so to set up port forwarding:

[code:1]
Ext Port Internet Port Protocol To IP Address Enabled
10001 10001 Both 192.168.201 [ticked]
[/code:1]

That might be all that is needed. Then in Wintex, you use your dyndns domain name instead of the IP

Sponsored Links
It all seems to be working now,
Earlier I did put the ext & int port info in as you have just suggested, but the thing that I was missing was "Then in Wintex, you use your dyndns domain name instead of the IP".

My only concern is that I haven't had to open any ports on my firewall, so was just wandering if the Norton firewall is working correctly.

THANKS for everyone's help in sorting this for me especially, a big thank you to Adrian & aptsys, your help is much appreciated.

I did start to think that it wasn't working on the WAN, as I could not connect to the Com-IP to my laptop using my mobile broadband instead of my LAN, until I realised that I had left the connection open on my PC.

I don't want to push my luck but I have another issue I want to try & sort out with the alarm, but that is a totally different issue so I will star a new thread.

It wouldn't be the firewall on your laptop(Norton in your case) that would need ports opening, it would have been the firewall on your router, but this is done automatically by the port forwarding on the Linksys. :)

Sponsored Links
Sorry to start this thread up again but I have noticed my WAN access to the control panel no longer works, we changed our router about a year ago I think it probably due to that (the LAN connection still works though) I have spent over a day re-reading through this thread & trying to sort it to no avail :(

How can I check which port the comip is connected to? Is it the same one as the LAN?

Hi guys,

I know this is now a very old post, but if any of you are still around I'd really appreciate some help as I am having a very similar problem. My laptop is connected directly to my Elite 48-W and I can use Wintex to program the control panel.

The firmware is the most up to date (2.09)
My ComIP is connected to Com 2
IP set as 192.168.0.231 (which is available and within the bracket for my Virgin router)
Port set as 10001 (although I have tried others)

The panel was powered down when the ComIP was plugged in and when powered back up the module looked like it was doing some sort of built in test (lots of flashing lights), but then goes to 2 continuous lights on the PCB and nothing on the network cable socket. I looked this up in the paperwork and it translates as 'on but no data' or words to that effect.

I've tried pinging that IP but nothing. Has anyone got any ideas? I want to use the ComIP for both programming when I'm not stood in my cupboard under the stairs, and remote access. Any help would be really appreciated!

Chris

When my Premier test panel was doing the same, it had actually picked up a DHCP address from the router. I had to disconnect the LAN cable to the panel and reboot, then plug the LAN cable back in after the COM-IP had picked up the panel menu address.

When my Premier test panel was doing the same, it had actually picked up a DHCP address from the router. I had to disconnect the LAN cable to the panel and reboot, then plug the LAN cable back in after the COM-IP had picked up the panel menu address.

How did you know when the ComIP had picked up the panel address? At the moment I have nothing that shows it is communicating with anything!

Also, how did you reboot? I am just turning off the mains power, unplugging the battery (which makes the alarm sound), turning the power back on (which stops the alarm sounding) and plugging the battery back in. Is that right?

Thanks for your help!

How did you know when the ComIP had picked up the panel address? At the moment I have nothing that shows it is communicating with anything!

Also, how did you reboot? I am just turning off the mains power, unplugging the battery (which makes the alarm sound), turning the power back on (which stops the alarm sounding) and plugging the battery back in. Is that right?

Thanks for your help!

I was working on the bench, so my power off/on (both mains and battery) didn't impact any external sounders.

You should be able to ping when the panel picks up the IP.

I did find the documentation from Texe quite sparse around the COM-IP module configuration.

I'm no Texecom expert, as I normally work with Galaxy panel. The Galaxy panels seem much more robust with their external module IP setup.

If you use com-ip

com port 1 is easiest. (baud rate auto adjusts)

if using com port 2, you need to change the modem (com 2 baud rate )speed to 19200

either using wintex coms, radiopad and com port tab, right hamnd side com2 baud rate select 19200.

by the keypad, engineers code, 7 yes, 7 yes, scroll until you get to speed edit and yes to confirm

Normally the com-ip, internal ip address is assigned automatically, connect the module to the ethernet cable, plug onto the comport, program up if necessary.

The ip address assigned can be found as follows:-

1. Your router will show the Mac address of the device against the local ip (mac address is on top of the part you plug in your ethernet cable.

2. in UDL digi options, setup modules, scroll down until you get to ip.

3. receive into wintex, and it will be in radio pad and comport options.

4. lantronix device installer, can search your network for the device, you can then manually assign an ip and change the port number of the device if you wish.

Any problems just give us a shout should be able to sort the ip module out for you.

SDK ask Texecom, but you wont find it very useful these days.

Better to ask for the simple protocol but you need to complete an NDA with Texecom and you may not get approved if your not a security business.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back