ComIP and Wintex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to get Wintex to connect to the comip module and not getting anywhere. I swapped from using a fixed IP to a DHCP assigned for the Comip, and its happily addressed and ping'd on the network.
However, damned if I can get wintex to connect up...its not the most obvious. I'm running Wintex 5.5 build 3 and in the connect options, even though the IP address is assigned, it only lists PCCOM (COM1), Modem (com2) Modem (Com3) and radiopad (Com4). Installation notes aren't worth a damn, neither is the Wintex help.
Suggestions anyone???

Have tried on Win7 and WinXP pc's...so think I've eliminated that as an issue.

Sponsored Links
Answered that one myself!
Just found that you need to put the IP address into the Panel Details in the account, under Network Details....Seems a bit dumb calling the alarm system 'Host' especially seeing how you've already dropped in IP details in another section.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back