ComIP Dynamic DNS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ComIP up and working on the local network, now attempting WAN. I have followed the install instructions for ComIP.

I have a dynamic DNS set up, port forwarding on Router, UDL etc. Latest Firmware version Premier Elite 48-w

I just wanted to check a setting as I'm having intermittent problems connecting.

In wintex under account details I have my address from DDNS provider in Host address, and Host port set as required.

My question is in wintex under communication options > Com IP Details, I have the local IP address of Com IP, the port (as above), and under Gateway I was expecting to insert the DDNS address but it won't accept non-numeric characters. What do I do with the field, I'm assuming this is meant to be the external iP address of the router?

In the app I have used the address from the DDNS provider, and the same Port under IP Details in edit site section.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
In networking terms, the gateway is the IP address of the device that routes traffic from the local network. With the home network, this is normally the internal IP address of your router.

Thank you, all up and running, I was tying myself in knots due to the number of different places the info had to be entered. Pretty stable so far.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back