Texecom ComIP Help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchased & tried installing the ComIP on my Premier 48 but am having problems getting it configured.
I keep getting error messages like Com 2 fault, ATS Path fault & No ATS available.
Not 100% sure if I have put the right IP addresses in the right places, tried a few different ways but nothing seems to work.

I have connected it to COM2 as I have a USB-Com connected to COM1

I would be eternally grateful if someone could help me get my head round this as I am pretty clueless with networks & IP adresses (come to that alarm systems as well) :)

Sponsored Links
What is the Com IP plugged into, i assume it is your router, and i also assume you have Wintex, please confirm.

Also what firmware version is in the panel, to find out press Menu 4 on the keypad.

Hi Adrian, THANKS for your reply

The Com IP is plugged into a switch that is conected to the router
Yes I have Wintex
The panel software is v8.13

Should have mentioned I have just swapped the Com IP & the USB-Com around so now the ComIP is in COM1, still the same problems though.

Sponsored Links
OK all good the panel supports no problem, how is your Networking knowledge, and your understanding of TCP/IP, and what dio you want to use the ComIP for?

Not very good :( I should be able to get my head round it with a little help)

The alarm panel is in the loft so at the moment I have to go into the loft with my laptop to access the panel with Wintex using the USB-COM .

I am wanting to connect the panel to our network, so that I can acess the panel from the PC in my study.

I would also if possible at some point maybe access it somehow remotely when we are away from home (but that maybe is for another day? walk before you can run as they say)

OK in theory this should be fairly simple.

What Router have you got, what OS is on your PC, what firewall do you use, and do you know if the router is configured for DHCP or is set to static IP addresses?

And yes you could access remotely in the future but lets try and get this bit working first.

Hi Bucks

As Adrian suggested you will need to know the basics of setting a static IP address. To start you will need to know what your router IP address is.

Quickest way to find out is to go to command prompt in windows

Start -> run -> cmd

on the black screen type in ipconfig

This will show you your IP address for your current machine for example

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.5
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254

So your router address would be 192.168.1.254 (Gatway)

Once you have this info. Go to wintex, Comms and give your panel a dedicated IP address such as 192.168.1.10 (make sure its not one that is being used)

See screenshot

OK in theory this should be fairly simple.

What Router have you got, what OS is on your PC, what firewall do you use, and do you know if the router is configured for DHCP or is set to static IP addresses?

And yes you could access remotely in the future but lets try and get this bit working first.
Cisco Linksys Wirless conected to a Cisco switch via cable, PC is conected via cable
Windows Vista
Norton Internet Security
Dont have a clue (the last digits on the IPs are diferant on diferant PCs if thats a clue)

Getting nagged at by the missus now, so will have to try again tomorrow.

Hey Tazer, thanks for helping out, i was answering your last post when you replied.

OK as Tazer says we need the IP address of the router, do as he says, and if possible take a screenshot of the Command window so we can see it, probably easier than you typing all the info.

I assume as you did not specify that you are using Windows Firewall, or is it part of Norton? If so we will need to configure the Port both there and in the Router to allow access from the PC to the ComIP.

Thanks Guys your help is much appreciated,

I found the IP address, but did not know how to print screen, (it is almost the same as your example, is that right, I thought there would be billions of different IPs)
The firewall is part of Norton Internet Security

If you go to Accessories, you should have a little app called the Snipping tool, just use this to take the screenshot, or just post what the numbers are for the IP address, default gateway. This should tell us what we need to know.

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Edit: Sorry there are a load of other numbers above these numbers, do you need these?

OK we are getting there, gotta go have me tea now, will come back tomorrow when i have less beer in me :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back