Texecom ComIP Help needed

Sponsored Links
Hi Bucks,

OK you have seen your IP address range in the IPCONFIG window, for example if mine says the gateway is 192.168.10.1, so the address range in my case is between 192.168.10.1 and 192.168.10.100, so pick an address in this range.

Sop you need to enter the Gateway (router address0 an IP address within the specified range, a com PORT number and the subnet mask, probably 255.255.255.0 or similar.

You will also need to allow your port access in your firewall programme, and through the router, for both inbound and outbound communications.

It will also be advisable to allow Wintex in your Norton product, probably same area as the other settings previously mentioned. I don't use Norton, as in my opinion it is pants, so i am unaware of the pages you need to set up.

I hope all this makes sense, give it a go and come back.

Still pretty confusing, I think I might get the IP addresses etc, but I haven't got a clue about the firewall etc.

Sponsored Links
OK try the IP stuff first, you may not need to touch the firewall stuff, but normally you do.

Hi Bucks,

OK you have seen your IP address range in the IPCONFIG window, for example if mine says the gateway is 192.168.10.1, so the address range in my case is between 192.168.10.1 and 192.168.10.100, so pick an address in this range.

Sop you need to enter the Gateway (router address0 an IP address within the specified range, a com PORT number and the subnet mask, probably 255.255.255.0 or similar.

I get my gateway is 192.168.1.1
I get the subnet mask
but how do I know the specified range for the IP address?
also what is the com port number & where is that for?

SORRY for being so dumb

OK just try this use 192.168.1.1 as your gateway address

Use 192.168.1.6 as your IP address

Subnet mask as you said.

Port number 54917 (this is completely random but please humor me)

before I got your last message I tried setting 192.168.1.9 as my IP address
when I uploaded it I lost my conection with the panel Via the usb-com & cant reconect now.

managed to get back online by undoing what I did through the keypad.

I will follow the instructions in your last message now.

OK just try this use 192.168.1.1 as your gateway address

Use 192.168.1.6 as your IP address

Subnet mask as you said.

Port number 54917 (this is completely random but please humor me)

Done that & all seems ok, No errors coming up. :D
can I push my look & ask what do I do now?

OK so you can connect to the panel via IP yes? If so you can do everything the same as you did before, is there anything in particular you want to do?

No I can't connect to the panel using the IP,
all I have done is uploaded the IP info in same page as in Tazers screenshot below (with no fault messages now)

I don't know if I need to put any info or IP stuff anywhere else in wintrex

My PC dosent show up the com IP on the network, you also mentioned I "will also need to allow your port access in your firewall programme, and through the router, for both inbound and outbound communications mentioned" I have tried looking into that but with no joy.

I`ll rephrase.
Drop to a lower one, and make sure norton knows your wanting it open.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back