Texecom ComIP Help needed

The password for your Wintex has to be the same for both machines, if not they will be locked.

Sponsored Links
The password for your Wintex has to be the same for both machines, if not they will be locked.

The new version on my PC isent password protected & I dont seem to be able to find out how to set a pasword for it.

Whatever the password is on your other machine you need to recreate that on the new one. Go to user accounts and create a new master user account with the correct password and user name. If it is at defaults Master 123456 just recreate that on the new machine

Yes it was still at the default but, nothing happened when I tried to set the new pC the same. But I have sorted it now by setting a different password for them both & that worked, I have managed to copy the files over again now & unlocked them.

So its no more going in the loft with the laptop now, I can access the panel in the comfort of my study.

THANKS for all your help Adrian it is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
And yes you could access remotely in the future but lets try and get this bit working first.

Hi Adrian, Sorry to push my luck but now that I have the Com-IP setup on my local network, would it take much to set it up so I could access it remotely?

Now you are talking a whole different ball game, it can be done, you now know the IP address of the Com IP, however this is local to your LAN (Local Area Network) your Router has a local IP address, however your ISP provides an IP address for your connection to the outside world, and this is not necessarily always the same, and is not the same as your Router. So this is where the difficulty comes in.

To access from anywhere over the internet which is effectively a WAN (Wide Area Network) you would need something like a paid service, like Open DNS (Google it), this would allow you to access your system from anywhere in a fairly secure manner. I have not done this myself but i know people who have and it works, check their website and see if it is what you want to do, as for set up like i say i have not done it so i am probably not best placed to advise, although i do have a basic understanding of the steps involved.

THANKS for the info Adrian, I will have a look into it.

Once you have your dynamic DNS situation sorted out, then you just need to set up your router for port fowarding, then open that port on the firewall.

For example,

You want to access the ComIP's web page (http on port 80)

ComIP Private IP: 192.168.1.10
Your external hostname: you.dynamicdns.com
Desired external port to access ComIP's web page: 5423

You would could configure port forwarding on the router from 5423 to 192.168.1.10:80
Then open up port 5423 on the router's firewall.

You can then view the ComIP's web page at http://you.dynamicdns.com:5423

Thanks for the info aptsys,
Can you recommend a Open or Dynamic DNS service, as there seems to be loads of diferant ones inc free ones.

Edit; Is a open DNS the same as a Dynamic DNS ?

Open DNS: is a DNS that will accept recursive queries from external locations. Essentially anyone, anywhere can use your DNS to handle recursive queries for genuine or malicious reasons.

Closed DNS: is a DNS that will accept recursive queries only from an identified (and hopefully trusted) set of clients.

Dynamic DNS a method of keeping a domain name linked to a changing IP address

DynDNS are good. Are you on ADSL or Cable by the way?

If I get this set up how & what sort of access would I have to the alarm system, or would I have access to it via the wintex software?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back