Texecom ComIP Help needed

Sorry alarm still dont know what you mean,
I think I am going to have to end up getting someone in to sort this for me.

All this carry on with the ComIP makes installing the rest of the alarm system seem a doddle now.

Sponsored Links
OK couple of things, which com port is the ComIP connected too, it should be 2.

Second when you connected it did you do it with all power removed from the panel, including battery.

And last for now

In your Wintex account you have a button called Edit Account, open this end then click on the panel details. At the bottom you will see host address, enter the IP address here as well. Also enter the port number.

Try that, we will deal with Norton if it's an issue.

THANKS for getting back to me Adrian (Iam nearly loosing the will to live with all the stress of trying to set this up :))

it is conected to 1
no I did not remove the power

Should I turn all the power of now & change to COM2?

is it the new Local IP address I asigned to the Com-IP details?

In your Wintex account you have a button called Edit Account, open this end then click on the panel details. At the bottom you will see host address, enter the IP address here as well. Also enter the port number.

The host port, is that the local IP port or the com port?

Sponsored Links
I have just removed & reinstated all power to the panel
Changed the COM port from 1 to 2

In my Wintex account I have copied from the Com-IP details
Host Address = Local IP Address
Host Port = Local IP Port

Is this all right?
Still can't connect to the panel using IP

Also now in the diagnostics it says UDL is enabled (which it has never done before)

OK are can you PING the Ip Module, open up the command prompt like you did before and type PIN then a space and then the IP address of the module, what hapns, do you get communication success or failure.

Dont Know exactly what I was looking for but I think it was a succses
amongst a load of other stuf it said
Packets Sent = 4,Recieved =4, Lost = 0

That's a good thing, it means the ComIP module can be reached from the PC, so now it will be a case of sorting out your router and Norton.

Do you know how to gain access to the Routers setup page in Internet Explorer?

Just type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of Internet Explorer, if you have not changed it the user name feild should be blank, and the password should be admin.

You should have a tab something like Applications and Gaming. If you do put the IP address of the module in, and allow both TCP and UDP, and if applicable tick the check-box marked enable, save your settings and try and connect again to the panel via the IP module.

if it works, great if not came back.

Do I leave External Port & Internal Port both on 0

I think I have sorted the router setup as per your instructions, I have left External Port & Internal Port both on 0.

I dont actualy know how to try to conect to the panel via the IP module

I have loaded Wintex onto my study pc but can't seem to copy the file over for the alarm system on the PC it says file locked & I dont seem to be able to unlock it.

If you have set up the account details correctly, as mentioned previously, the IP connection will be at the bottom of the Connect button.

If the account is locked you still have wintex open on the other PC, and you need to copy all of the files with the same name, but differing extensions from the customer folder.

If you have set up the account details correctly, as mentioned previously, the IP connection will be at the bottom of the Connect button.
WOW I've got lift of I can accsess via the IP on my laptop in my study.

If the account is locked you still have wintex open on the other PC, and you need to copy all of the files with the same name, but differing extensions from the customer folder.
Still cant seem to be able to copy the files to my PC without them being LOCKED.

Any ideas?

WOW I've got lift of I can accsess via the IP on my laptop in my study.

Still cant seem to be able to copy the files to my PC without them being LOCKED.

Any ideas?

That's good news, we have connection :D

OK when you say the files are locked, do you mean you cannot copy and past them from one machine to another, or do you mean you cannot open the files on the machine you have copied them too.

Cant open them on the machine I have copied them to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back