Texecom Premier 48 ATS path fault, com2 fault, No ATS available

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We had a power cut at our premises last week and every since a reset after the alarm was actually triggered as we needed a different door to get in due to power being off on the morning, we are having nothing but trouble with system alerts.

We get a com line 2 fault, ATS path fault and No ATS available. (the app on iphone has also stopped)

We have tried engineer access to reset the faults, however they persist.

I have tried doing a reset on the com port 1 (smartcom) and com port 2 (COMIP).

From the router page, it looks like the system has wifi access (it also has a LAN ethernet cable, but doesnt appear to show up in the router table.

I have tried wintex to access via TCP/IP on port 10001 with the wifi IP, but it just times out. I can ping the IP from a desktop.

Does anyone have any help? Seems like a pretty common issue. I have a feeling its dropped its IP but with it being on DHCP it should get a fresh one either way.

Cheers

Chris

Sponsored Links
Whats the chances of that solving the issue?

Its a bit of a complicated setup we have, where by the alarm was installed to the building that was 'one' when it was installed, but now 2 seperate businesses have gone in, so they share the same alarm. However the box is inside the other business to power cycle.

Is there a way to cycle the power from the keypads or is it a case of 'pulling the plug' on it in the hope it does a reset?

Thanks

I’ll also add that the alarm totally fails to arm.

you can enter master code and press arm with faults and the panel just beeps. And fails to arm

Sponsored Links
So help me understand here.

Is both the faults related to the smartcom needing a restart/power cycle?

Im fairly sure that theres no activity on the ethernet line going into the modem, but not 100% sure that the cable I think it is, is the one to the alarm box.

ATS is related to the smart com, the power cut will have messed up the router and the smart com connection possibly, so rebooting the smart com usually addresses this.

COM 2 sends the message out, if it cant send you get ATS fault

now the panel may not be programmed to be armed if there is an ATS fault, so most likely they are related

Sounds logical.

Is there a preferred way to reset the smartcom? Apart from flicking the MCB in the distribution board to kill all power to it

that wont power cycle the smart com, panel has a back up battery, un plug the smart com and replug the smart com.

Ah, so literally need access to the box/smart com to fix this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back