Attaching 100mm ducting to 110mm soil outlet pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My air ventilation output pipe for the bathroom in my flat is 110mm soil pipe. This length piping is only used by the extraction fan. I'm changing the fan and the position of it which is 100mm piping. Thing is, how do I connect if to the 110mm pipe, the way the previous people did it is errrr... codged and not sealed properly.

Think I need some form of 100mm -> 110mm adapter, can you get them?

Thanks,

Adam

Sponsored Links
The 100mm fits snuggly inside the 110 soil pipe, you just seal it with duct tape. :LOL:

The only thing is that the pipe goes straight up out through the roof. I've read that you should put a condensation trap in if the pipe is vertical. So I'm worried that condensation may leak into the loft where the join is taped together.

Sponsored Links
bigglesuk said:
The only thing is that the pipe goes straight up out through the roof. I've read that you should put a condensation trap in if the pipe is vertical. So I'm worried that condensation may leak into the loft where the join is taped together.

Thats called lateral thinking I'm told. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Where does the water go if you could made a watertight joint, thats correct it drips out of the ceiling :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back