Toilet and soil pipe confusion...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm at the final stages of plumbing in my bathroom, I'm a beginner.

As you can see in the photo I have this space saving pan connector, then I have a length of 110mm pipe. I didn't really need this as I'll box it in, and I had black 110mm anyway.

Is this the correct way to do it? Pan connector to straight 110mm pipe, until it gets outside and then just connect to the soil stack with a 110mm elbow?

Or should I be using a straight coupler inside and two shorter bits of pipe? I'm thinking about if it needs to be dismantled, checked etc?

Any advice?
Thanks
20200730_114210.jpg
20200730_114219.jpg

Sponsored Links
Your bit of pipe going through the wall- best having a plain end outside (think about direction of flow) and then a roddable elbow into the stack. That pan connector looks a bit resticting but it'll be way better than a flexi or a load of joints

Sponsored Links
I presume it will be getting cut to length and will be plain ended at both ends anyway.
Almost certainly but no harm pointing it out :), be easier to fit the nice machined end into the elbow & hide the roughcut end in the internal boxing

Your bit of pipe going through the wall- best having a plain end outside (think about direction of flow) and then a roddable elbow into the stack. That pan connector looks a bit resticting but it'll be way better than a flexi or a load of joints

Yeah it will be plain at both ends, I shouldn't have bought it in the first place

The pan connector is Mcalpine, they tend to be pretty good.

It used to be a corner toilet hence the position of the hole in the wall. But I had endless problems with that corner toilet, I'll never go back!

Ok, so just one pipe straight out the wall then. Thanks

Sometimes when you connect the toilet, it goes in too far so restricting the flow because of the tight bend in the connector. Although this one looks as though the connector has an edge to stop this happening.

Have you tried that pan connector on your toilet to see if it fits horizontally and how far the cistern is away from the wall?

Sometimes when you connect the toilet, it goes in too far so restricting the flow because of the tight bend in the connector. Although this one looks as though the connector has an edge to stop this happening.
I see what you mean, I'll check tomorrow to make sure it's got a lip to stop it going to far, as you say it looks like it does

Have you tried that pan connector on your toilet to see if it fits horizontally and how far the cistern is away from the wall?
Yes it fits, this is why I got this space saving one because it was the only one that fits! It's a small bathroom and I got the smallest toilet I could

As an alternative to the swan neck pan connector you could try a long 90° Flexi. that would give you a bit of wiggle room and be less restrictive than the swan neck one.

As an alternative to the swan neck pan connector you could try a long 90° Flexi. that would give you a bit of wiggle room and be less restrictive than the swan neck one.
Yeah my plumber advised me against flexes if it was possible avoid them. And luckily this pan connector appears to line up pretty well. The fall seems about right too

As a general rule yes it's best to avoid flexis but in your case it would provide less restriction to the removal of solids than your swan neck connector.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back