Attaining speeds faster than light

Mike - you are still stuck in the Newtonian Physics world, Move on to Quantum Physics and you may begin to understand what it is all about. You appear to be blocking the need to torture yourself in discovering the wonders of Quantum Mechanics.

Sponsored Links
can anything travel faster than it? if not then please could you possibly explain why not? :p

well some thought that something did
http://www.theguardian.com/science/2011/sep/22/faster-than-light-particles-neutrinos
but then again
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012...-stunning-faster-than-light-particle-finding/
still doesn't stop someone else trying though
http://www.collective-evolution.com...ing-to-travel-faster-than-the-speed-of-light/
I read a page about the quantum physiscs but I'll let you google that one yourself.

I believe there are aliens who have already worked out this secret, otherwise how else could they have come down to visit our earth as we know our nearest neighboring galaxy is some quite a few thousands of years away.

aah, but now you are going to say there are no aliens like there is no God!

I believe there are aliens who have already worked out this secret, otherwise how else could they have come down to visit our earth as we know our nearest neighboring galaxy is some quite a few thousands of years away.

aah, but now you are going to say there are no aliens like there is no God!

I think the secret is if you can convert yourself and your space ship from its physical form into a non physical form, and then bugger off at a speed of light and when you get near your destination, you slow down and re-convert yourself and your spaceship back into matter form, and land on a distant planet that may be thousands of years away.

Sponsored Links
Stephen Hawking would choke on his breakfast, if he read any of this rubbish.

why don't you ask him if anything can possibly travel at greater speed than light, and see what he has to say about it?

Don't forget, there was a time I was his fan, I even bought his book called I forgot its title, (my bad) however, it was when he declared that there cannot be any God, is when i distanced myself from him.

I wouldn't care if he gets chocked sadly! Thats his problem.

why don't you ask him if anything can possibly travel at greater speed than light, and see what he has to say about it?

The obvious flaw in your experiment, is that the laser beam is not a fixed rod of light, the laser pen can not control the light once it has left the pen.

If your experiment could be conducted, the light would appear to curve, and the laser dot on your dome would only reach the speed of light.

If you accept that E=MC² then you cannot travel faster than light. Photons can travel at the speed of light since they have no mass. They can go slower but they can't go faster. Anything with mass requires the input of ever greater amount of energy as its speed increases such that its mass would be infinite at the speed of light.

Photons only travel in straight lines but the space they travel in can be bent or distorted by gravity thus making it appear to an external observer that they have traveled in a curve.

If a photon slows down - how does it speed up again?

It stops traveling through the material that is slowing it down. They will always travel at the speed of light unless they are being slowed.

It stops traveling through the material that is slowing it down. They will always travel at the speed of light unless they are being slowed.

How long do they exist for and where did they come from?

Sponsored Links