Audi A3 Stop / Start not working

So where a battery has been allowed to half discharge and sit there for some time, the question is how long does it need to be on charge and fully recover, and what damage will leaving on charge do to battery is any?

As I have said before - I have had batteries wrecked by leaving them near permanently on charge and on smart chargers. My supposition is that the electrolyte does dry out, even in a sealed LA battery. A 20minute boost per day, which has been my regime for some time, has seemed so far, to be a better method.

Sponsored Links
A 20minute boost per day, which has been my regime for some time, has seemed so far, to be a better method.
My cheap Lidi smart charger in essence does just that. With my wife's Jaguar with the absorbed glass mat battery, when over Colvid it was not being used, leaving the Lidi charger on 24/7 plugged into an energy monitor, it was noted after battery was fully charged, it would turn on at the same time every day around 11:40 am, I assume this was when the car reported it's condition to Jaguar? Part of the electronics monitors the car and reports to Jaguar daily I am assuming, which explains why same time every day.

The problem with manually maintaining a battery, is one forgets. I have a trolley with around 8 batteries where I work, used for Christmas lights on the trains every year, I move the charger from battery to battery every Wednesday after Christmas until each has been on charge for a week then same around mid summer, and same around November, and the same batteries seem to work year after year.

Sponsored Links
Back