Audi A4 2litre two 2006 drivers window won't go back up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My window won't go back up. I didn't think it was the motor as it went down easily with no weird noises. I replaced the switch but no good. All the other windows open and close on the same switch. Audi A4 2006 2 litre two.

Sponsored Links
I've had that when the guides and rubber seals were badly worn and resistance to the lift triggered the safety sensor "person's head trapped in window"

Pulling the glass upward by hand reduced the loading so the motor ran briefly.

The driver's window is usually the most worn.

It has happened befor intermittently but usually works after a short time. Maybe I'll get the motor tested be for spending more money on it.

If you can Johnny, check the wiring from the door to the bodyshell.....conductors can often fracture. Sometimes with the door in a certain position, all starts working again.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Some cars have a reset/calibrate feature where you hold the switch a couple of seconds longer when the window has shut/opened.
I’m not sure how many manufacturers use it but worth a google search.

Completely different car, but I had a window regulator go which meant that whatever direction the switch went, the window would only go one way. If you can remove the motor/regulator assembly and check that it will go both ways with the switch.

the runners might be jammed. Worth taking the door card off and making sure its not jammed and properly greased. Whilst the card is out whip the motor out and test. Might jut be a deadspot on the motor.

Are you sure the window isn't catching? A common fault i know on A3 around this age was the window clips would break on one side. The small pin fastened to the winder cable would then slip through the broken clip lifting one side of the window causing it to jam straight a away, of course works fine going down.
Clips few quid each off ebay.

Sponsored Links
Back