Audio/Visual Wiring

Loft boxes are due to change dramatically in my opinion.

Currently, sky charge £10 a month on top for any extra boxes you want. I believe this figure will drop soon similarly to the way they dropped their Sky+ charges.

Assuming this, it will soon be feasable to have a sky box in every room.

This starts getting to a point where you need a QUATTRO LNB (four cables from dish to central location). They use a multiswitch here to distribute to however many SKY points you want - two at each viewing location is a good idea for sky+

Normal digital TV can also share one of these coax drops a long with FM/DAB.

Now, with all this happening and things changing there is always some things that are a pain.

I have sky+ downstairs, and normal sky in the bedroom. If I want to watch a recording, I have to watch it downstairs.......or do I?

I have run an S Video cable and twin audio from my sky+ box to my bedroom TV, and also run a coax for my magic eye. Luckily the Sky+ remote uses a different string of data than normal sky so I get no problems with the two in the same room.

Difficult to replicate this to more than one room though.

Sponsored Links
This is interesting. Don't rate Click usually, but this new product of theirs appears to a) be a bit sexy and forward thinking and b) at least give a nod in the direction of Sky+!

http://www.scolmore.com/assets/pdf/New_Media_Brochure.pdf

It suggests one LNB feed to DB amp, the other direct to the box. Wonder if the different lengths of run give attenuation problems? Or even if one box sets the LNB to V to record and another changes it to H halfway through?!?!?

Anyway, just a thought!

the way i read that PDF they are just comining one of the LNB feeds onto the same cable as the terrestrial signal, not supporting multiple sky boxes.

Sponsored Links
Yes that could be the case, but it also implies that Sat 1 is distributed via the amp separately, Sat 2 goes to the decoder then gets multiplexed in with the uplink back the box to be fed around the house, so every room has "aerial+Sat2" and Sat 1 if you run two coaxes from the amp.

If not, you can still have Sky+ in the lounge and Sky "Vanilla" everywhere else, assuming the amp refuses to send any polarity changes from the vanilla boxes to the LNB for fear of messing up recordings etc on Sky+

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back