Auto Care Cover from Arnoald Clark

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I recently purchased a Vauxhall Insignia 2014 plate from Arnold Clark Motors in Scotland. I took out an extra 2 years warranty hopefully to see me through the next few years with piece of mind.
My front light went out then my rear brake light at the same time. My local garage said it wasn't the bulbs and was told to take it to Arnold Clark for diagnostics. " I did " they told me the body control module need replaced at £600 and this was not covered with the Auto care warranty. Please correct me if I am wrong but is this not an essential part for all cars nowadays??

This is copied from Arnold Clarks Web site What is Auto care ?? statement.

No matter how well a vehicle is serviced or how carefully you maintain it, something can go wrong which may be expensive and inconvenient. Autocare® provides a £3,000 claim limit* and ensures that you are covered against the unexpected mechanical and electrical breakdown of key vehicle components.

The last part of the statement baffles me !! How can a body control module not come under electrical breakdown of key vehicle components !! Any advice appreciated as I don't seem to be getting anywhere with this company.

Who can I contact if I am in the right ??

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
A difficult one as items such as these are often selective - but I'd sure fight! Start with the manager of that particular branch and take it from there. You could say that you were very close to an accident because of this fault.
John :)

Have a look at the small print and see if it defines breakdown and key components. When did you buy the car? Have you still got a claim under consumer legislation against the garage, never mind the warranty?

Sponsored Links
Back