autoflush cistern siphon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i recently renewed a cyphone to a urinal cistern as the
old one had a contanst heavy steam of water into the two urinals it was feeding... now that i,ve fitted the new cyphone . the client has rung to say that there is a small constant flow of water into the urinals.
my question is,.... is that aceptable . or should there be no water flow at all, except when it does its auto flush .... PLEASE HELP.. :D

Ed: title changed! Mod

Sponsored Links
thanks for your replys.....
but i think i,ll go for reply number one as the correct answer :LOL:
as that,s the one which means i won,t have to do a two hour journey to
change the blinking thing.. :oops: :LOL: cheers

Sponsored Links
it isnt right that it flows water 24hrs a day, go back and fix it or pass the job to a plumber, you probably have the pep cock set too fast therefore causing the flow to keep going when the syphon flushes, if the flow is too fast it doesnt create an air break therefore running all the time, it will be a good run out for your horse :LOL:

depends on the type but yes it can be

adl what kind of syphon releases water into the urinal 24hrs a day, the whole idea of an auto flush, or one linked to a sensor, is to limit the flushing not allow water to run to the drain for ever more, still it will create work for someone to go back and change the urinals when the owner sees the staining on them caused by constantly running water

With a title like this, (cistren cyphone)

I thought this was the updated i-phone. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back