average cost of a dog per year.

Sponsored Links
When someone is asking "what dog shall i have?", what they are actually asking is "what dog would i like to be seen with?"

For example, hard skinheads like to be seen with a Pit Bull or a Rottie.

Socialites like a dog that will fit in a handbag.

Gran and Gramps will put up with a yappy Yorkie.

Tradesmen will happily let their Jack Russel or their Staffy slobber all over their combi dash.

...... and you will always get some bloke with green wellies, a brown woolly tie, check shirt and a waterproof brown jacket, brandishing a stick with a Springer two yards behind sniffing **** at every opportunity.

Taken earlier today :)

DSC03797.jpg

Its not fair, why haven't we had any snow? :cry:

Sorry forgot to say, nice dog MW, looks like you pair have a right laugh :D

Sponsored Links
Great pics of dogs,r lass just melted at them.
ive always liked labrabors as my dad had them when i was a kid.
but ive seen a lot of people say im thinking of getting one for the wrong reasons.
this isnt just a whim its been thought of for a couple of years now but i just thought id ask for advice.

to those who think im thinking of getting one for the wrong reasons please eleborate.
i have my own succesful business and own home near more fields and land than you could shake a stick at.i have a wonderful family(wife and child) whom i think the world of.
so why would i or my family not be able or (trained) enough to look after a dog.

but ive seen a lot of people say im thinking of getting one for the wrong reasons.
this isnt just a whim its been thought of for a couple of years now but i just thought id ask for advice.

to those who think im thinking of getting one for the wrong reasons please eleborate.
i have my own succesful business and own home near more fields and land than you could shake a stick at.i have a wonderful family(wife and child) whom i think the world of.
so why would i or my family not be able or (trained) enough to look after a dog.

i commented on your 1st opening post,because reading between the lines it came over to me that you were not really being serious,maybe because i am a dog lover any word thats used that seems wrong to me i will pick up on,i do hope that you give some thought in visiting a dog rescue centre or any of the charities that are out there,that are screaming for a home for a very deserving dog.rather then just going and buying 1 from a breader,as for SPEELING as long as i can understand it i dont give a stuff how its written.

some very nice picys of your dogs there guys,i like the snowy 1,but as a FELLOW GSD OWNER it has to be the giant,fook me his paws are small aint they :eek: whats he weigh 7 stone??

Andy old chap, (pat on shoulder) we've helped you and now you've told us how well off you are and could afford a pack of dogs its kind of taken the mystery away from you not being able to afford one tichy mongrel. The OP mentioning money at the start giving the impression you couldn't afford one. Like if you've got to ask then you cannot afford it syndrome.
Its good of you to put this post on here but it seems that the question is now "are you a tight arse?" and wanted help to be shoe horned out of your money. I have done my best to elaborate I hope this helps you come to a decision. :) ;)

i commented on your 1st opening post,because reading between the lines it came over to me that you were not really being serious,maybe because i am a dog lover any word thats used that seems wrong to me i will pick up on,i do hope that you give some thought in visiting a dog rescue centre or any of the charities that are out there,that are screaming for a home for a very deserving dog.rather then just going and buying 1 from a breader,as for SPEELING as long as i can understand it i dont give a stuff how its written.

some very nice picys of your dogs there guys,i like the snowy 1,but as a FELLOW GSD OWNER it has to be the giant,fook me his paws are small aint they :eek: whats he weigh 7 stone??

Is this meant for me Gregers?

He is actually a she so is always gonna be a touch smaller, she's just turned 2 years old on 29 nov and she weighs in at 37kg, i know cos she was weighed at the vets on thursday, ear infection :cry: .

She's still my baby though :cool:

Dear wreckedit

Maybe been from yorkshire im classed as a tight git,if you ask all the lads who buy me my drinks im sure theyll tell you im not. :LOL: :LOL:

Thankyou Mr. Roofline. Forgot to tell you my new username on here when I mailed you. Thanks once again!

Mr. W.

Dear wreckedit

Maybe been from yorkshire im classed as a tight git,if you ask all the lads who buy me my drinks im sure theyll tell you im not. :LOL: :LOL:

I haven't tried them myself but I'm told that dog biscuits are quite nutritious and tasty so may be you and a dog should get on just fine. :) ;)

crank39 wrote,
Is this meant for me Gregers?

He is actually a she so is always gonna be a touch smaller, she's just turned 2 years old on 29 nov and she weighs in at 37kg, i know cos she was weighed at the vets on thursday, ear infection icon_cry.gif .

She's still my baby though icon_cool.gif

yep that was meant for you,now put right ;)
i too own a gsd bitch pure cream/white,actually she is classed as a swiss shepard.mine was 2 in august,she too is my baby.nutty as a fruit cake. :LOL:

If i'm being totally honest i've never been too keen on the white ones, thats not to say i wouldn't love one to bits if it came about i got one, also a mate of mine has a belgian shepard, again i'm not too keen but its a lovely dog, like a big bear.

I just love my GSD's, i'll never be without one now for as long as i live :cry:

Dear wreckedit

I haven't tried them myself but I'm told that dog biscuits are quite nutritious and tasty so may be you and a dog should get on just fine. :) ;)

ive heard people actually do eat these things,

Well Andy, you have nearly passed the test for owning a dog. All you have to do now is fill in this questioner.

1. Do you want a big to fit in trailer(shytes to match),medium for boot of car, little for front seat, or fit in hang bag answer here?.........................

2. What colour do you want, black,brown,white, mixed, or match paint colour of which car, wifes or yours?...........................................

3. Style, obviously it will be a 4x4 version unless you go to the rescue centre where you could pick up a cheap three wheeler, state which?............................................

4. Most dogs are more intelligent than there owners but there are exceptions. However, by choice what level would you like yours to be, low, medium, high. You will only get the equivalent level to yourself after you have chosen?..................................

5. Dog owners have no idea what dog food taste like so in order to find out would you A. Try some yourself. B. Get your wife to try it. C. Offer to make the whole family a curried stew special............................

6. If your dog dog likes to hump people like mad, do you say, A. Stop that, that is very naughty. Like the dog knows what you are talking about.?
B. Say, Save some for me? C. Oh, my god he's never done that before, I'm so sorry? Its just that this person is new to him and he fancies a fresh bit.?

Answers below.

It doesn't matter what you've answered....Congratulations!!!!You have qualified to be a dog owner.

Sponsored Links
Back