AVG 8 FREE EDITION

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i upgraded to the avg 8 free edition,and ever since then,my laptop as been freezing up,i have have to do a shut down and start up to get it running again,just wondered if it was giving anybody else any problems

Sponsored Links
Is this MS Windows? If so, have you looked in the Event Log?

Yeh, AVG8 is giving loads of problems for users. I'm hanging in with 7.5, until I rebuild my system.

Bin it and get Avast... seems to be the current advice from the masses. I installed Avast last week for someone, and was impressed by its low resource footprint.

in the event viewer.(application) this is on XP...it's showing errors for "PERFNET"...Warnings for "USERENV". on the system side there is errors for "SERVICE CONTROL MANAGER" and "DCOM" and "DHCP".Warnings for "W32TIME" and "TCPIP"...
i have incredimail as email application,and it is taking 3 minutes to open up,This as only just began to happen since the AVG-8 upgrade.So i can only guess that it is taking up a lot of resources

Sponsored Links
in the event viewer.(application) this is on XP...it's showing errors for "PERFNET"...Warnings for "USERENV". on the system side there is errors for "SERVICE CONTROL MANAGER" and "DCOM" and "DHCP".Warnings for "W32TIME" and "TCPIP".
Hm. Nothing of much import in there then.

i have incredimail as email application,and it is taking 3 minutes to open up,This as only just began to happen since the AVG-8 upgrade.So i can only guess that it is taking up a lot of resources
That's a bit of a guess. Have you used Task Manager to get a rough picture of what XP reports as being busy?

I'd consider uninstalling AVG to see what effect that has, and also downloading whatever the latest build is from the Grisoft site.

is gordon brown a clone of tony blair?
No.

Antivir is very good try that instead.........

I've been running AVG 8 on one of my pc's for a while with not problems. Did you uninstall then reinstall? Have you ran a spyware/malware checker?

I tried the new version of AVG when I first got notified that it was upgrading.

It made my computer run slow as hell as well. I was losing the will to live waiting on pages opening up. Uninstalled it and went back to version 7.5 plus the free spyware and everything's fine again. I can still get updates for the antivirus and the antispyware, so unless that changes, I'm gonna stick with the old version.

i uninstalled avg 8, and it is running fine again,i downloaded avast and it's still running fine.it did a full scan of the hard drive and it found a problem with the hot key,and asked me if i wanted it repaired,i said yes and so far no problems at all,i also like the voiceovers you receive from them telling you when their going to do a scan and when it's finished.
Thanks to all of your advice..

Sponsored Links
Back