Awkward sizing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a wet room to tile, four sides. The room is 210 by 3m. The wall tiles are 100 x 30. The floor tiles are 60 x 60.

i am struggling with what layout to use as the main wall at the back as it will need a 5cm cut either side if I centre. Or a 10cm at one edge if I offset. How would the pros deal with this!

thanks

D

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
How? Place a 100cm one in the middle and do 55cm sized cuts either side?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Wall tiles are 100 wide. Wall is 210. So leaving aside the grout gap, I have a 10cm issue. And I am trying to work out how to best manage this.

you can do it either way.
Put a full tile in the middle , or, place them one sided and cut some off the lengths of them to make your small cuts bigger.
How good it looks and what decision you make could depend on how the cuts on the tiles on the other walls look up against them.

So you mean rather than place in the middle, offset it so that (eg) there is a tile cut 70cm, the full 100cm and then one at 40cm? It is really hard to visualise how this will look for both options. Y gets even more complicated when you throw in a brick style formation versus uniform

Tilers are taught to never, if at all possible, to use less than half a tile with all cut edges against abutments.
But, of course, its not always possible.

Dry lay your floor tiles to get a good idea before striking any floor lines (sometimes no lines are needed in small spaces).
Use a marked staff on the walls - its easier than measuring and then calculating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back