Tile size for my bathroom and ensuite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a bathroom which is 2.4m wide by 1.7m depth and 2.4m high to the ceiling, I want to give an illusion of space, what kind of tile size should be used for the floor and the wall, for the floor, I feel a 30 x 60 would be ideal, just not sure of the wall.

I also have an ensuite in the master bedroom, which has a depth of 1.7m, width of 2m and he floor to ceiling height of 2.4m. What size of tile should be used here for a feeling of space also ?

There is also the utility room where I am thinking of just tiling halfway to window height, the size is 2m x 2m, and floor to ceiling height is 2.4m

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
There has been many trends over the years. When it comes to tiles etc I don’t think it makes a great deal of difference. However the trend now is to only tile the area of the room affected by the shower / bath and a splash back to the sink. This alows the rest of the room to be painted and therefore keeping it fresh and up to date. This in its own way will make the room seem as large as possible. One thing you may do well to look at is the full sheet wall board option. This is very much a popular material to use and has many advantages. The biggest being no grout lines to try and keep clean. God this helps. Fred.

Hi,

Do you know what these panels are called ? I still prefer tiles. I intend to use 30 x 60 on both the floor and walls.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back