[b]Ideal Boiler lossing pressure and rads making clanking no

Yes just take out the screw, fully open the valve, remove the white cap, then tighten the nut, then balance the rad.

Sponsored Links
i would suggest remove srcre, remove cap, fully close the spindle then tighten the gland nut, balance if neccsary and recap.

Then we'll agree to disagree ;) Works for me.

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys

I apologise for the very late response to your earlier replies, i have been away from home for a wee while. Anyway an update on things so far - Wednesday this week, i got a plumber friend to replace the thermostat valves on 3 radiators to stop the leaks from them. We did this sucessfully and bled the CH system several times by draiing the water from the drain valves. I also put in some inhibiter liquid to improve the health of the CH system. We bled the rads afterward and topped the boiler pressure up again to 1.5
Time to try the boiler now - the pilot light would not light. i had to switch boiler on and off 5 times for the pilot to light. That works. The CH system seemed fine all day. Woke up the next morning and the pressure has dropped again to 0.8!!!!!!!
checked the valves on rads and all ok - i got a leak somewhere else now....arrrgggggghhhh!
i dont tink its the boiler but i tink it maybe the pipes below the first floor floorboards. i cannot understand it - because i think the pressure drops when the CH is on and i use the hot water from the taps, i can hear a dripping noise from behind the bathroom wall. i think there is a pipe behind this wall which leads to the first floor and that maybe leaking????
But why does it leak when i use the hot water during the CH being active???? are not the CH pipes and Hot water pipes seperate????
i get the feeling this is going to be a very expensive job to fix.
Any one got any ideas to what on earth is going on with my alien CH system, please?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back