B&Q and Valspar gloss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone else had difficulty with coverage with Valspar acrylic gloss? Left all brush strokes and failed to cover adequately in three coats. Had to resort to similar oil-based Dulux gloss to complete job. Worse still after three months of trying to get B&Q to address this I have been completely ignored both by store and customer services HQ.

Sponsored Links
B&Q only stock it, they don't make it. You would need to speak to Valspar tech department.

Did you take it back? I've taken a cuprinol garden shades paint back to B&Q because it did not cover and they just gave me back my money. You're entitled to a refund from them as they are point of sale, but probably not after 3 months..

Sponsored Links
Anyone else had difficulty with coverage with Valspar acrylic gloss?
Yes, a customer purchased some. Did exactly what you describe - poor coverage, impossible to not have brush marks showing in it.
The solution - never buy paint in B&Q, whether Valspar or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back